Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I registered at the http://www.nissanhelp.com forum and found out you are limited to one download per day. Being too eager to read the instructions, I downloaded the wrong section before I found this out.:bang:

I then registered at the http://www.nissan-techinfo.com site and paid my $19.99 for a one-day subscription so I could view the Service Manual. I wanted to view one or two sections, not pay the almost $300 for a hard copy. I was only able to view the first seven pages of the Service Manual, but all pages of the Owners Manual. For instance, when I click on the Body, Lock, and Security bookmark, I get the message, "The specified file BL.pdf does not exist." The same thing happens when I try to view the 2004, 2005, or 2006 Service Manuals. I did not try the other years.

I am swapping my stock HU for a Kenwood DNX-7100 and wanted to look at some interior wiring and interior body pictures and instructions.

Any suggestions? I already sent an email to the web support for the nissan-techinfo site.

Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not saying they are legit copies....but eBay normally has electronic versions of the service manuals floating around for pretty cheap. I had one for my Jeep I recently sold and I didn't really use it everyday but it was super nice to have it around...not sure I would have paid $300 for it though.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
You paid the $20, you can download all the chapters at one time. Simply save them to your hard drive and review or print them out as needed. However, if you did that yesterday, the day is up and you now have to pay $20 again.

If you are getting errors viewing pages, contact the site and tell them. Maybe they will give you a free day.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
baseballfanz said:
Seems like he did go to http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/nissan/product.asp?dept_id=18&sku=online1&mscssid=

I guess he did not download the whole manual or he had problems with viewing the whole manual. Anyway are you looking for the wiring schematic? If so I can post it, give me a little time and I will post it.
Actually, I was referring to both sites.

I made it to techinfo (the link above) and am registered for today only. The little icons next to the Service Manual link are ghost-busted out when you are not a "paid" visitor. I paid and my icon is good, I can see bookmarks for the whole manual and can both view and download all seven pages of the Quick Reference Guide. Whoo-Hoo!:clap:

I am having problems viewing the whole manual. It must be broke. One of the things I was looking for was the Reverse wire in the center console (since it is already open.) The wiring schematic would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You need to save each section of the Service Manual.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FireWalker42 said:
You need to save each section of the Service Manual.
Tried that. I cannot even view each section of the manual. Just the Quick Reference section. Once I can view each section, I can save each section. Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Try using the navigation pane to the left to click on each section. The quick reference index stopped working for me a few times. Make sure you are using the quick reference index from the "view button" and not the file you saved to the computer. Expand each section A-M then click on each sub topic and that section should display. Then save them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So am I understanding correctly that I can go to this website, pay the $20 and download the ENTIRE service manual that normally costs $210 for the CD???

·
Registered
46 Posts
i paid the $19.95 and i downloaded one for my 04 titan, my wife's 05 altima, my dad's 95 hardbody, and was gonna get one for my mom's maxima, but there were 2 manuals for it depending on the vin and i didn't know which one to get. in hindsight, i should have done both. tjat was over a year ago though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow, that is a GREAT deal as my girlfriend just bought an '07 Altima and I can kill 2 birds with one stone and not have to worry about a possible illegal copy from eBay!

Thanks for the info....perhaps something to this effect should become a sticky.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cohee3 said:
I am having problems viewing the whole manual. It must be broke.
Problem resolved but not totally solved.
Nissan answered my email and extended my one-day subscription through today. Thank you Nissan! They said their system was not broke.
After much trouble-shooting, I figured out a work-around. I was trying to view and save the manual from home where I have IE version 7. It would not work. I came to the office this morning and used IE 6 where I was able to view and save the entire Service Manual.:cheers:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2004 Nissan Titan Service Manual

The main sections are single letters (A through M). If you pay your $19.99 for one-day access and save the Service Manual from the http://www.nissan-techinfo.com site, you get subsections as individual files with multiple letters (ex. FWD.pdf, GI.pdf, EM.pdf). The entire Service Manual is about 101 MB uncompressed and 54 MB compressed.

The index references subsection page numbers. For example, when you look in the IDX.pdf file for “A/C evaporator,” it indicates page “MTC-121.” This is page 121 of the MTC (Manual Air Conditioner) subsection (in the MTC.pdf file).

The main sections (i.e. Engine) are not files in themselves. They are there to organize the information. For example, there is no “Engine” section. The “Engine” section is made of seven subsections (seven individual files). The two numbers to the right of the subsection names are the number of pages and the size of the file in MB.

====FWD====Quick Reference Index
A====General Information
====GI====General Information====54====1.5
B====Engine
====EM====Engine Mechanical====112====3.6
====LU====Engine Lubrication System====7====0.4
====CO====Engine Cooling System====20====0.5
====EC====Engine Control System====622====14.7
====FL====Fuel System====16====0.3
====EX====Exhaust System====4====0.01
====ACC====Accelerator Control System====6====0.01
C====Transmission/Transaxle
====AT====Automatic Transmission====348====10.3
D====Driveline/Axle
====TF====Transfer====112====3.3
====PR====Propeller Shaft====16====0.4
====FFD====Front Final Drive====34====1.0
====RFD====Rear Final Drive====104====2.8
====FAX====Front Axle====14====0.3
====RAX====Rear Axle====12====0.2
E====Suspension
====FSU====Front Suspension====20====0.6
====RSU====Rear Suspension====12====0.3
====WT====Road Wheels & Tires====32====0.8
F====Brakes
====BR====Brake System====36====0.9
====PB====Parking Brake System====10====0.2
====BRC====Brake Control System====158====3.6
G====Steering
====PS====Power Steering System====36====1.0
H====Restraints
====SB====Seat Belts====14====0.3
====SRS====Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)====62====1.4
I====Body
====BL====Body, Lock & Security System====242====7.1
====GW====Glasses, Window Systems & Mirrors====92====2.3
====RF====Roof====28====0.8
====EI====Exterior & Interior====52====1.3
====IP====Instrument Panel====18====0.5
====SE====Seat====106====3.0
====AP====Adjustable Pedal====14====0.3
J====Air Conditioner
====MTC====Manual Air Conditioner====126====3.2
K====Electrical
====SC====Starting & Charging System====28====0.6
====LT====Lighting System====168====4.6
====DI====Driver Information System====68====1.8
====WW====Wiper, Washer & Horn====34====0.9
====BCS====Body Control System====26====0.7
====LAN====LAN System====494====11.3
====AV====Audio, Video, Navigation & Telephone====176====10.9
====ACS====Auto Cruise Control System====2====0.02
====PG====Power Supply, Ground & Circuit Elements====80====2.5
L====Maintenance
====MA====Maintenance====32====1.2
M====Index
====IDX====Alphabetical Index====8====0.4

·
Registered
321 Posts
You would think at this point that somebody(or a lot of somebodies) would already have the manual and just e-mail it or PM it to you.

But I'm glad everything worked out for you in the end.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
master_1011 said:
You would think at this point that somebody(or a lot of somebodies) would already have the manual and just e-mail it or PM it to you.

But I'm glad everything worked out for you in the end.
Somebody did email me the needed sections - and I appreciate it. This is a very helpful discussion board. I did not want to put them on the spot so that they would be deluged with requests. As I mentioned, it is over 50MB even compressed - and of course, I still want to be legal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts