Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Dealership Turns In To Stealership

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well this post may be a little premature but I am pretty damn happy. I waited to post this until the diagnosis was complete. I removed my vehicle from Suburban Nissan and under the advice of Cujo (Andy) I took my truck to the same place we had our Titan meet 3 or 4 weeks ago D!CK SCOTT NISSAN.

They called today and said that they had found the problem and that they had the parts on order.

Now lets recap. When I delivered the truck to Suburban Nissan, I made it clear to them that there were 3 areas they should look at Catylitic converters, Intake Manifold and Ignition coil packs on the direct fire ignition. They ignored me and said nope its your performance parts that are causing the problem.

Well DEALER OF THE YEAR AWARD should go to D!CK SCOTT NISSAN in Canton Michigan. They reviewed the RO from Suburban and laughed. They called today to tell me that the Catylitic converters had failed and were on back order. Hence the lean condition due to the bad reading to the O2 sensors thinking it was over rich from too much fuel passing by the cat unburnt causing it to lean out.

HMMMMM I think I have a Recommended dealer award. They never even questioned any of the other items on the truck. They knew better.

THANK YOU D!CK SCOTT NISSAN!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Congrats .. I need to find a trustful dealer down in Southern California like that . In between San Diego and San Bernidino.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ProjectTitan007 said:
Congrats .. I need to find a trustful dealer down in Southern California like that . In between San Diego and San Bernidino.

Good Luck, I hope you do find one as good as D!ck Scott. They build No Fear Titans there (cold air intakes, Gale Banks exhausts and 6" lifts on them) so I knew I would be in good hands because they use the same parts that I had on my truck and never even thought for a moment that any of the aftermarket parts I had were a problem. I really cant say enough about them. I hope you find one just like them out there. :cheers:

·
Registered
441 Posts
It's great to hear that there are truly some good dealers out there that know their stuff. Glad everything is working out for you.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Nice... now this also helps me in getting more fuel for my fire... my stealership decided that my "performance parts" caused my #1 cat to fail, I have since paid for the repairs (1040 ducks) and am generating a paper trail of letters to my stealership and Nissan North America (Corp.)...

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
This is one reason why I'm installing a truck PC, so I can run Cipher on a regular (not constant) basis for my own peace of mind and proof of running condition if any problems show up. :)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DRTYAZN said:
Nice... now this also helps me in getting more fuel for my fire... my stealership decided that my "performance parts" caused my #1 cat to fail, I have since paid for the repairs (1040 ducks) and am generating a paper trail of letters to my stealership and Nissan North America (Corp.)...

Magnuson-Moss warranty act is your best recourse. Follow the steps in it and File complaints with the BBB and if that doesnt help, hire a lawyer. The cats are burning out on Titans and Armadas so fast they cant keep up with them in production of service parts, I am on a back order that has no date.

·
Registered
268 Posts
DRTYAZN said:
That is why I try to stick with the Nismo parts on both of my vehicles so they can't pull that BS with me. Altima, 4 MAF sensors, 4 cats and 2 O2 sensors= 1 new engine very soon. Titan, 1 MAF sensor, 2 Cats and 2 O2 sensors= potentially new motor after I put 500 miles on both vehicles to confirm oil consumption. They wanted so bad to tell me it's because of my perfomance parts, but they CANT! Sorry to hear about your troubles by the way, my cats on average took two weeks to get in from back order.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Titan5683 said:
That is why I try to stick with the Nismo parts on both of my vehicles so they can't pull that BS with me. Altima, 4 MAF sensors, 4 cats and 2 O2 sensors= 1 new engine very soon. Titan, 1 MAF sensor, 2 Cats and 2 O2 sensors= potentially new motor after I put 500 miles on both vehicles to confirm oil consumption. They wanted so bad to tell me it's because of my perfomance parts, but they CANT! Sorry to hear about your troubles by the way, my cats on average took two weeks to get in from back order.

Nice, well I have been waiting a week now for my cats, still no word on when they will be in.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All excited,

Received a phone call from my service writer at D1ck Scott Nissan at 10am, the new cat was in, they would get it in next after the tech was able to complete the car on his hoist. By 4:30 a second phone call came in, the truck was done and ready to be picked up.

I am excited to get her back, I will go there tomorrow night to pick her up. So far my experience with **** Scott has been great. I will report more once my baby is back home.

WOOT!:cheers: :blueblob:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts