Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TT,

I just installed an amp and the Tech12Volt box into the Titan on Friday. Saturday I was doing some tuning and installing baffles behind the rear door speakers. In the process I send my headunit into protect mode from allowing the speaker wires to ground on the vehicle door. Anyways, I didn't know this at first so in my search for the problem (should have read the HU manual first) I take out the fuse for the amp at the battery to rule out that as a cause.

Murphy Law kicks in and I drop the fuse in the engine bay and it rolls under the battery tray. Took the battery out got the fuse, reinstalled the battery and BOOM Service Engine Soon light appears.

I finally pulled the codes today, because I am scheduled to take it in to the dealor 0800 Friday morning.

The codes are as follows:

0123 - TP (Throttle Position) Sensor
0223 - Throttle Position Sensor
1564 - ASCD Steering Switch

Anyone have these issues before? Any insight would be welcomed.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Are you taking it to the dealer for an unrelated issue? Did you have the codes before the battery removal? If not, I would probably reset the ecu.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taking it to the dealer because of the codes and there were no codes to my knowledge before I disconnected the battery. The SES light popped on after.

Also, I think I am gonna ask for a full inspection. With all I am reading about rear diffs and header/exhaust leaks, I want my truck to be given a clean bill of health.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
The first two you post someone reported before, they installed a new TBS and got those codes, it went away after a week, maybe the ECU had enough time to relearned the position of the TB sensor.

1564 has to so with your steering wheel audio controller.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow...Thanks baseballfanz...it was a previous post of yours that I used to get the codes in the first place. Do you think this is worth a trip to the dealer? Plus I have an aftermarket headunit with the pac-swi install. I know it is for audio controls, but do you think it could be causing a problem. Also, should I attempt to reset the ECU and go through relearning phase someone posted on the board a while back?

thanks...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just a little update. Went to the dealer and these cats tell me that the cause of the aforementioned codes were due to me unhooking the battery, which created a drop in voltage that they claim causes the these codes and that the warranty would not cover it since I removed the battery. Now to me this just makes no sense....they are basically telling that I cannot remove my battery and/or change it. If I do and the codes return I will have to pay $100 for them to reset and remove the codes.

Now I tried resetting the codes about 3 - 4 times and the light kept returning, so I am thinking they had to do something else to reset it.

However, on a separate issue, they have not been able to find an in service date for my truck since I have had it. I have had work done there 3 - 4 time before and they covered it all under warranty, even the front diff replacement. I go today and they say its out of warranty, I say how do you know, you guys keep telling everytime that I come here ithat there isn't an in-service date and that you all will call Nissan to track it down. They never did...so they didn't want to do any work on the vehicle until they found out the date. I was like, naw, you did it before, let me talk with the service manager. I speak with him and let him know his employees has told me this before and said they would research it, etc, etc. So he admits it was his people oversight and agrees to go ahead and do the SES fix at first, then he sees I only have 21K miles on it and says he will go ahead and check the diff out, and do the recall work. I assume he figures it is a low mileage vehicle so I might be right.

Because I tell him everything I have, to include a carfax report and forms from when I bought the truck says the in-service date is Mar 05, but they wanted to say their assumption is Mar 04. According to carfax the truck went from Hawaii to Guam in care of NICB (??? assume Nissan), then from Guam to Oakland, CA in care of an exporter, the purchased for consumer use by someone from New Mexico who registered and titled it in Mar 2005 in NM. I assume the truck may have been a demo for the dealership in Guam as the Service Manager told me a guy with a Maxima has the same issue. He didn't have an in service date either and come to find out he was stationed in Guam and bought the car from a dealer there. He says the dealer wasn't inputting the dates like he should have been. I think maybe my truck was a dealer's demo in Guam or just sat on the lot for a while in Guam, then someone from NM buys it and has it exported to CA where he then picks it up.

After it all was said and done, I still had to come out of pocket $69 for the time spent on the SES light, since they stuck to the stance that "I caused it". They did everything else under warranty. Now the Service Manager has a copy of my carfax and the info he needs to research the in service date, lets see if he stays on the ball with it. He claims my carfax report will knock a few days off of his search and help him get to the bottom of it like he did for the Maxima.

Man you really have to watch yourselves with these dealers, they will find any reason not to do work under warranty. I removed a battery, I know if I had some aftermarket engine mods and got a light or something they wouldn't cover anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts