Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Threw P2731 multiple times this weekend. I know this an A/F sensor code. What would be the first things to start checking?

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
V-POWER said:
Threw P2731 multiple times this weekend. I know this an A/F sensor code. What would be the first things to start checking?
first off, do you have an aftermarket cold air intake, such as a K&N, AEM, Volant?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got an Injen CAI which has been on for over 12k miles, never had problems with that. I put a Poweraid tbs on about a month ago. I figured if it was the tbs it would have thrown a code quicker than that. Checked all my vacume lines could'nt find anything wrong.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
V-POWER said:
I got an Injen CAI which has been on for over 12k miles, never had problems with that. I put a Poweraid tbs on about a month ago. I figured if it was the tbs it would have thrown a code quicker than that. Checked all my vacume lines could'nt find anything wrong.
okay, just wondering cause i've read AFE CAIs, early versions were setting a code off. also, many here with the Poweraid TBS and i've not heard of them having a code thrown either. suprised no one has seen this thread with experience. well, i'll bump it for sure!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After a couple days of driving with this code comming up it seems to be only when its above 90 deg out side. I work third shift so most of my driving is betwween 1am and 8am. The code is only comming up in the afternoon if I'm out and about. Does this make any sense? Would outside air temp have anything to do with this?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
That code doesn't sound right for a nissan titan. A generic code p2731 is for pressure control solenoid F, possible gas cap not on tight or faulty gas cap? But if your sure about the code being a/f then one thing is, you can unplug the maf sensor plug, blow it out with some air and reconnect. Ensure connection is tight. If that doesn't fix it then more then likely, the maf is having problems reading the amount of air comming in from the intake. Since it's not a stable light and it only does it in 90+ degree weather, I probably wouldn't worry too much about it. I would also check all intake connections to ensure that it's tight and snug.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took it to Auto Zone there saying now its P1273 so the clerk told me the wrong code the first time around. I'm sure this makes a difference now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts