Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home last night, my Service Engine Soon light came on. This morning I checked it with my code scanner and it came back with problem code "U1000 Manufacture Specific..." Does anyone know what this code is?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Bulletin Number: 06004
MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP WITH DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE U1000 OR U1010 STORED IN ENGINE CONTROL UNIT. 2002 - 2006 INFINITI VEHICLES WITH CAN COMMUNICATION. *AK

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
From a different forum:

A U1000 code which they apparently have a service bulletin for:
The main wiring harness ground was loose and they took it off and re-seated and re-tightened it!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies...:cheers: I went ahead and cleared the code. I now have a little over 36,700 miles... do you think the dealer can check this out under warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue with my truck. Left me stranded. Truck has now been at the dealer for three days while they chase down the loose ground. Apparently this has been an issue throughout the Nissan line, as the service bulletin lists essentially every model they make as "applied vehicles".

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
dtoddrship said:
Same issue with my truck. Left me stranded. Truck has now been at the dealer for three days while they chase down the loose ground. Apparently this has been an issue throughout the Nissan line, as the service bulletin lists essentially every model they make as "applied vehicles".
Yes it's CAN communication problem. Nissan utilized more than one computer on board, they all have to communicate, that loose ground cause the different computer to not be able to talk to one another.

·
Registered
62 Posts
From a different forum:

A U1000 code which they apparently have a service bulletin for:
The main wiring harness ground was loose and they took it off and re-seated and re-tightened it!
I know its an old post but would you be able to post a picture of where the main harness ground is located? I'm getting this U1000 code and a 1614 code also. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I know its an old post but would you be able to post a picture of where the main harness ground is located? I'm getting this U1000 code and a 1614 code also. Thanks.
That was a cut and paste from another forum. I have no idea where the main wiring harness ground is, but others here should be able to help you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.