Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys... my 2007 titan just threw a service engine soon light. The truck runs normally. . I suspect it's just a gas cap.

I've been looking over various posts on this form about checking and turning off the pesky thing. I've followed the self check instructions to a T. The CES light does not go in to the blink mode everyone is talking about. Is there a trick I'm missing?

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
OK guys... my 2007 titan just threw a service engine soon light. The truck runs normally. . I suspect it's just a gas cap.

I've been looking over various posts on this form about checking and turning off the pesky thing. I've followed the self check instructions to a T. The CES light does not go in to the blink mode everyone is talking about. Is there a trick I'm missing?
Check out this website for the proper procedure for pulling any/all codes...it has all the service manuals for your rig.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Titan/2007_Titan/

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you have the code its throwing? Mine did the same thing. I replaced gas cap, and was still there. It ended up being the evap purge valve. Easy fix. Took 5 minutes. $65.00 part. Ill try to find the code that came up on mine. You can clear the code by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Do you have the code its throwing? Mine did the same thing. I replaced gas cap, and was still there. It ended up being the evap purge valve. Easy fix. Took 5 minutes. $65.00 part. Ill try to find the code that came up on mine. You can clear the code by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins
No he doesn't have the code...that was the purpose of his post. He is having problems pulling the codes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
No he doesn't have the code...that was the purpose of his post. He is having problems pulling the codes.
Sorry about that pal, time to calm down. Thought he was trying to get the "pesky" thing off. Go buy a scanner. They are cheap enough now. If you have an old vehicle, it's a good idea to have one. Unless you have tons of spare time to be going to the parts store.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Sorry about that pal, time to calm down. Thought he was trying to get the "pesky" thing off. Go buy a scanner. They are cheap enough now. If you have an old vehicle, it's a good idea to have one. Unless you have tons of spare time to be going to the parts store.
Lol...I'm calm. I was just answering your question to the OP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm aware of the parts house offers to check codes. Fact is most of those places will not clear codes. I was just attempting to use the pump-the-gas 5x's method. . With no results.

At this point I'm waiting for the Bluetooth reader adapter i just ordered off of ebay to arrive. I intend on using a smartphone app to check out the code and to clear it.

I might need some help when I have the code in hand...
Thanks to everyone. .

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
I'm aware of the parts house offers to check codes. Fact is most of those places will not clear codes. I was just attempting to use the pump-the-gas 5x's method. . With no results.

At this point I'm waiting for the Bluetooth reader adapter i just ordered off of ebay to arrive. I intend on using a smartphone app to check out the code and to clear it.

I might need some help when I have the code in hand...
Thanks to everyone. .
All the codes are listed with explanations in the pdf files within the link I posted...just have to look them up.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Use the parts store. Free and quick, plus you can get the part while you are there. All of the stores around me will clear the code. If they don't, drive it. If it is the gas cap or the evap solenoid it will go out on it's own. Or you can just disconnect the battery for a bit and that will do it too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got an 06, and it just threw the SES light. Went to the parts store, and the code is P0455. Says it's an evaporative emissions system problem. It read gross leak/no flow. I did some searching on here and it's apparently a valve somewhere on the drivers side by the rear axle. I haven't gotten to dig into it online much yet. One of you guys said the part was $65 and not hard to change? Can you give the details on that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: SES light UPDATE

Update... still waiting for the OBD-ll reader to plug in and then use my smart phone with an app.. however, since I was fairly certain the issue was the gas cap, I sprayed a small amount of WD-40 on the O-ring of the cap so it would perhaps seal up better.

It worked. The light went out on it's own this evening... go figure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts