Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone have an idea of what may cause a front end shake. It starts about 20mph and stops around 25mph, feels the worst right about 23-24. the tires were just balanced about a week ago and none of the weights are missing. You can feel it a little at my feet and alot on the wheel like a bad vibration. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
501 Posts
245 MPH would cause any truck to shake!!!
props to the T ;)

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I think mine would shake at 245mph too o_O lol

But maybe check all of your wheel nuts are tight. could be a broken belt in your tire?. Check for any bulges in the sidewall. many things could cause it. Maybe they didn't balance them properly, but if that was the case it would probably be a bigger range.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Have you done any offroading, that used to happen to me when I would get a piece of dried mud clumped up in behind the rim throwing it a bit off balance

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no. havent been offroad in about a month. ive had that same issue :) i havent checked to see if any lugs were busted. i assumed they would have told me when the balanced the wheels but its possible

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
With it being an 05, I would suggest checking the Ball Joints for wear.

·
Registered
37 Posts
if the rotors are warped it should be noticeable if you try braking. If it gets worse when braking, have them turned. Anyone know if these trucks can be turned without taking the rotors off? I know this can be done on cars and I don't see why trucks cannot be done.

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I'm thinking the balance is not completely on... However, you could also have bent camber bolts too... I'd start with checking the balance again, first... You could be ever so slightly out of balance on one or both tires, or maybe even one if your rims may be slightly bent... I would have them check the rims' shape first to make sure they aren't bent, then have them rebalanced from 0 weights, then switch sides and test them out... If the shake is still there, you got something else going on... check the alignment afterwards as well... I know once I rotated my tires, I had to get my front tires rebalanced after noticing the shakes at 50+, then after that rebalance, it was slightly shaking a bit around the 30+ range, after I took my T back, the tire tech took all weights off, scraped old tape residue off, and rebalanced them from 0... No more shakes after the last rebalance...
My buddy had been overdoing his lifted T with basic suspension in Pismo a couple of months ago and ended up bending something, causing mad wobble and shake in the front end... After he took it to 4WP, their "expert" said that both cam bolts were bent, causing his alignment to be extremely out of wack... Might as well check the tie rods too while your at it...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alright ill start over again..haha thanks for the replies guys ill let you know what it ends up being if any of the stuff you suggested fixes it.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Try Road Force Balancing the tires.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
also check the tires for out of round can cuase the sacking at that speed
and sometimes these tire shops torque the wheels wrong and cause the rim to be ****ed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts