Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help!

My truck has a shaking like it's out of balance, but I recently had the wheels rotated and balanced. I did not have it aligned. I have replaced the rear axle that was causing the shaking last time. But it's still doing it from 45-55. Any suggestions on what it could be? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,257 Posts
I know you said the tires were balanced. But were they Road Force balanced? I would start there, the cheapest route first.

Reactions: 07WhiteNightMare

· Registered
511 Posts
First determine if the shaking is in your hands or your seat. Then move the rear wheels to the front and fronts to the rear. Does the shaking follow? No, then you have an issue with hard parts/bushings etc in the drive train or suspension. If the vibration follows the wheels, then there's where your problem is. If it doesn't....time to check suspension parts, drive train parts, front end parts until you get to the problem. My guess; if it started right after a balance and rotation, either the weight wasn't placed correctly or it could even have thrown itself off....happens.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't feel the vibration in the steering wheel, just in the seats. I'm starting to think it could be a suspension part (shocks, bad wheel bearing, etc..) it starts vibrating bad around 45 and them mellows out after 55 but can still feel the vibration. Any other suggestions would be helpful!

· Registered
2,437 Posts
It's the bed and frame. Look in your driver's side rear view mirror, you should see it.
If not, just slam your tailgate shut and watch it shake.

· Registered
2,437 Posts
I cut some 3/8" X 1.5" flat to 4" lengths, then drilled them and welded in some 7/16 threaded rod.
Then I drilled through the bed and the tubular cross member in 2 places and tightened it down using the "bolts" I made. The other 2 are in the back. This effectively drew the frame and bed tighter to each other, which has helped, but not completely eliminated the problem. I'm convinced that the frame actually flexes more than I originally thought it did. I am personally satisfied with the results though.

I probably wouldn't have thought of this had it not been for my 700 pound ATV making my truck ride much smoother than if it were empty.

· Registered
2,437 Posts
Frame flex and bed shake. Put a couple hundred pounds in the back, you'll see.
Hopefully your mechanic doesn't charge you for things you don't need.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Frame flex and bed shake. Put a couple hundred pounds in the back, you'll see.
Hopefully your mechanic doesn't charge you for things you don't need.

I will definitely try it. I don't ever let the mechanics pull or put any part on without them telling me what is wrong first. So I can research and see if it might be another issue later.

· Registered
2,437 Posts
Bad u joints would cause a high frequency vibration, not a shaking at certain speeds.

· Registered
2,437 Posts
2wd or 4wd?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.