Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 05 titan and had it towed yesterday because of not shifting in any gear. Also feels like it is not connected to anything. I have a console shifter. Any info to give before I tear it apart?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had this happen with my 2005 titan yesterday. Had it towed to my house. Only difference is mine is a console and not the column. Hopefully I can use the zip tie also. Thanks for the great information.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I see this is an old post, but here's the part from O'Reillys. $12.
Attached Thumbnails
Shifter cable connection at the Column problem!-56901_1517677166659.jpg

on O'Reillys website it says this will not fit the titan, does it work before i order it?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Happened to me this morning...console shifter. I got into the console easily. Happened to find what’s left of the bushing, luckily it’s intact enough to hold. Replacement bushing and zip ties are now kept in the glove box JiC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much for this post and pictures this just happened to my husband as he was leaving for work. Put truck in reverse 2006 Nissan Titan, park to open our gate, then nothing, nada, zip. Came to the web and searched for the problem and found this forum with our exact problem. He's gong to attempt to try the fix today. Thank goodness for pics. I' praying it works as easily for us and for you guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Happened to me this morning...console shifter. I got into the console easily. Happened to find what’s left of the bushing, luckily it’s intact enough to hold. Replacement bushing and zip ties are now kept in the glove box JiC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which one of the bushing do you use?
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which one of the bushing do you use?
Thanks
Dorman 14055 worked for my 2006 titan. You use the smaller bushing. Put it inside the cable first, then slip it over the pin. I could get to it easily without taking anything apart, the problem is, I couldn't get enough leverage to snap it in place on the cable without removing the cover. Yea it was tough but once I got it on, I went on the pin relatively easy in comparison.

Take the cover off, it's worth it to have the visual and the leverage. Yea, I don't really understand the idea of using zip ties unless its a short-term emergency fix, even then if given the choice I'd rather spend the $10 and fix it right the first time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
This problem happened to my 07 Titan with console shifter this afternoon. I forgot about the forum, but found a YouTube video with the zip tie fix. Luckily I had a couple zip ties in my truck.
I bought the shifter cable from Nissan, but haven't installed it yet. I looked at the Doorman bushings alongside the factory, but it didn't look like it would fit.
Anyone know if the Doorman or Napa parts listed above fit the console shift Titans?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Get a 5/16 c clip from home depot works just as well, wont break and it cost less than $!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This dude makes and sell the bushing...
Below is the Amazon Link, He also has an EBay Store - sell for much less than amazon but delivery takes forever.
APDTY 134193 Automatic Transmission Shift Linkage Cable Repair Kit Fits 05-15 Nissan Armada, Frontier, Or Xterra & 04-15 Titan, 2007-2012 Pathfinder, 04-10 Infiniti QX56 & 14-17 Infiniti QX80
Amazon doesn't like the url...search using content above
Hope this helps.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts