Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2007 Titan KC SE with the Off-Road package. They claim that the shocks are Ranchos. I think they apray-painted the stock shocks white and put on Rancho decals. Regardless, I want some decent shocks on the truck.

No way I'm shelling out $2,100 for a set of Kings ... that's TOO much money for shocks in my book.

Does anyone have good experience with aftermarket shocks on your Titan?

If so, what brand and model for both front and back?

My Titan is pretty much stock. I went from stock 285-70-17 tires and 7.5" wheels to 285-65-18 Nitto Terra Grapplers and 9" wide wheels but otherwise, it's stock. All I intend to do is get a leveling kit installed soon.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
The 2" body Radflos from PRG are somewhere around $700, and will be a major improvement over stock, and will also provide the leveling so you don't need to buy a level kit too. You can not only expect a better ride but better handling.

I bought the DR coilovers a couple of years back for $1150 plus Calif. sales tax, and have no regrets. One of the best purchases of my life ... ranks up there with the Titan.

Contact information is at PRGproducts.com.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NorCal!

$1,100 is steep for shocks, but MUCH better than $2,100.

I used to run sandrails and never put more than $400 into shocks, and that wasn't ALL that long ago. I suppose inflation is still with us.

·
Super Moderator
93,893 Posts
Try Bilstein, they are great quality for the money and far better than our Rancho's

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
The new Kings are pretty pricey. THat price is for 2.5" res. front and rear. You have alot of options though. DRE, Radflo, SAW for rebuildable, tunable, race shocks. THen there are the new Bilsteins, very nice for the money. As far as your Ranchos, they are built by Tenneco on the same assembly line as Monroe.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
NorCal 4x4 said:
The 2" body Radflos from PRG are somewhere around $700, and will be a major improvement over stock, and will also provide the leveling so you don't need to buy a level kit too. You can not only expect a better ride but better handling.

I bought the DR coilovers a couple of years back for $1150 plus Calif. sales tax, and have no regrets. One of the best purchases of my life ... ranks up there with the Titan.

Contact information is at PRGproducts.com.
Can the DR's be found cheaper somewhere else?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
You can sometimes find them for sale on here as used items.... But new? :dunno: I haven't seen them cheaper..... :crying:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Put a set of sway away coilovers on my truck 2 months ago and love them. The truck rides really smooth now. They cost me $900 from PRG products and I have them adjusted to give the truck 2.5 inches of lift. I am still using the stock upper a-arm and have no clearence issues. Plan to upgrade the rear shocks next. :)

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Yeah, get the new PRG spec'd SAWs or the 2" Radflo c.o. and save some $.
Neither were available when I got my DRs. The SAWs are probably just as good or better with Greg's valving.

For the rear the Donahoe Racing shocks that PRG sells for around $200/pair are a great shock.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
It does sound like a lot of money...because it is!
If for you needs, new hi-zoot coil-overs shocks are more then what you need, the the Bilsteins would be the way to go...Now if you can squezze a little more cash into your shock budget, then the 2.0" Radflos along with a set of DR's in the rear will be a nice step up, and you can run your stock UCA...

Stay away from any "white" shocks!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts