Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the situation:

I have a 2005 Titan CC 4x4 with Pro Comp Lift kit, I've had the lift installed for quite awhile now, and currently have the SAW Extended Length coilovers with no spacer.

Issue that I'm having is that both SAW's are shot. They have leaked all the oil out of them over the past 7 years, and now the lower shock eye bushings are worn and there is a lot of slop.

In talking with another owner who had similar issues with his SAW's, the best option for him was a complete replacement of the SAW coilovers. That's all fine and dandy, but right now I do not have the funds, or desire, to spend over $1000 on a pair of shocks for my 12 year old truck with 130k miles that's starting to rust.

What I'm considering as a fix for this is to buy a decent set of the stock style shocks, I guess probably Bilstein? and put the stupid 6" spacer back onto. I'll also have to re-install my sway bar, along with new end links (the PC ones sucked).

Really not the route I want to go, but financially, its probably the best choice. All that being said, here is what I need to know:

1) What Stock Length front shocks work best with a 6" lift kit? There are adjustable one's out there right? Bilstein? Fox? Etc.

2) What are the best Sway Bar End Links to purchase for replacing the longer ones that came with lift kit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Moog springs are cheaper then springs from OEM, get blisteins from TAP, just regular 5100's, and then hit up bassn8ter for the spacers. couple other guys might have 6" spacers too.

you could run the Fox 2.0 coilovers with the 6" spacer. Papro4x did for quite some time. said it rode great. 800$

I would not recommend setting the blisteins on any setting other then the bottom one.

PRG sells the longer and upgraded end links for lift kits.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moog springs are cheaper then springs from OEM, get blisteins from TAP, just regular 5100's, and then hit up bassn8ter for the spacers. couple other guys might have 6" spacers too.

you could run the Fox 2.0 coilovers with the 6" spacer. Papro4x did for quite some time. said it rode great. 800$

I would not recommend setting the blisteins on any setting other then the bottom one.

PRG sells the longer and upgraded end links for lift kits.
So you recommend purchasing new springs too? I have the original shocks/springs and also have the 6" Spacer that came with the lift kit. I think that is the spacer you were talking about getting from bassn8ter, correct?

I could just swap the springs off of my factory shocks, no?

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
oh i figured you'd trashed all that stuff. yes you could swap those springs over to the 5100's, bolt the spacer on the assembly, and install it all on the truck

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
make sure you follow the directions found in a few threads on the forum for installing 5100's. you re use factory hardware/washers/etc. otherwise it won't be correct, it'll squeak, and the shock might come undone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts