Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used 2012 Pro4X from a non Nissan dealer. The truck already had a 6" RCX installed. The other day I hit a nasty speed bump and heard a loud clunk. In looking, the factory Rancho shocks are still installed both front and back. How much of an issue is having the stock shocks installed with this lift, and which shocks should I actually install? I have looked through the threads but am still confused. This is my first lifted truck, so still a newb.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Registered
232 Posts
If it still has the stock Rancho's in the back I would be surprised unless they are an extended length.

A cheap improvement would be 5100's (keeping the strut spacer) for the front and 5125's in the rear. Unless you want to go with Radflo's or SAW's that are extended for a bracket lift. Here is a link to a site that specializes in Nissan lift applications. Just be a little weary of his turn around times on shipping. PRG Products

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I just reread the RCX component list, and see the included shocks are for the rear. I just figured a lift would have been all four shocks, not just two of them. You are probably correct about the rears, but I'll check later on.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just reread the RCX component list, and see the included shocks are for the rear. I just figured a lift would have been all four shocks, not just two of them. You are probably correct about the rears, but I'll check later on.
The lift reuses the front shocks and springs because all they do is stack a tall spacer on top to get the lift, also a taller spindle and a drop bracket to get stock geometry.

Have you looked under the front end to see if anything is broken? I broke sway bar endlinks all the time when my old truck had the pro comp lift.

Also see if the upper control arm is hitting the coilbucket. look for a nick/dent on the coilbucket. It shouldnt be but you never know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts