Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to order some new shocks for my 2011 cc 4x4, and was wondering if the 5100s will be fine? I tow a 6k tt occasionally and when I am not I spend a fair amount of time of backroads with plenty of washboards! I also noticed for the rear there are 2 types of 5100s one is for a non lifted t and the other for those with a small lift. Any difference, I am thinking about adding a block in the rear to keep the rake bc I tow just not right now.

As an alternative do I need to go with the HDs? Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I have a 2011, and last summer went with 5100s in the front, and 5125s (same as the 5100s, just longer) in the rear, because I added 3" in front and 2.5" in rear. I use my truck much the same way as you - towing a 5500lb wakeboat trailer, off-roading on my deer lease and on two-ruts getting to hiking and backpacking trails, and hauling yard stuff in the bed.

The shocks work great. Stable and predictable, with no surprises. Firm but not harsh. I think you'll like them. For reference, my fronts are set on the middle perch and I have have 2" lift spacer on top to get my 3".

Reactions: PNW MTN Titan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I was thinking that but I was thinking I would need new Iva if I put a spacer on top. Did you replace the uca ? As I understand it from all the reading I’ve done on here we can’t put that thick of a spacer with the 5100s or we will have CBC. What’s your experience with your set up?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yes, I added aftermarket UCAs. I pieced together my lift with exactly the parts I wanted, and I've been pleased with it. You could do the middle setting on the 5100 with OEM UCAs, but you'd want to stay at or under 1" of rear lift or you'll increase your rake. The 5100s for the 4wd Titan are suitable up to 1" lift. If you're serious, contact Mike ORW of fascistbook. He is the best deal going on Bilsteins.

·
Premium Member
2013 Pro-4X - Graphite Blue Metallic
258 Posts
I just ordered the 5100’s for front and rear of my 2013 Pro4….Like you, from reading, I assume that I will have to set the front in the middle. I don’t have a lift, nor do I want to lift it (I am a short dude), but I would like to eliminate some of the rake. Hoping the middle setting will take care of it. I really don’t want to change any other components. I had read the top setting levels it out, but the UCAs will need replacing?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
You should be fine with the OEM suspension parts on the middle setting. The top will almost guarantee you need new UCAs, and will have a very stiff ride quality.

·
Premium Member
2013 Pro-4X - Graphite Blue Metallic
258 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I will go with the middle setting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Figured it was time to go the billy route this time. The stockers died and basically I got another set for free so didn’t mind knowing I would have to replace them again soon but hit some washboard on a corner a little too fast the other day and almost went off the road and into the gulley sideways! Guess time to replace em! 😁

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm not sure about the shocks but I added a leaf instead of a block since I tow a lot. I think it's better that way. Just my two sense.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad you mentioned that I have been going back and forth about a block or going that route, how much height did you gain in the rear with the add a leaf? Does anyone else know the pros/cons of one vs the other? Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I gained like an inch but I wish I lifted the front another inch or two to really level it out honestly.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can I contact mike via email for prices on the bilsteins, I finally have funds to do this👍😁 I looked online at the ORW website, does he give us an additional discount of some sort?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Get with him on fascistbook and get his email. He does do better pricing on a lot of stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts