Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the deal. I am looking for shocks to improve my ride as much as possible. I am going to lift my truck, and I know it won't ride really nice, but anything to help it out. This truck will mainly see pavement, and a little bit of sand and mud here and there.

Here is a little break down I did, and how much I can spend. Keep in mind, I still need someone to install the lift (GREG) and so I am not sure how much he will charge.. I am thinking keeping 500 clear because that should be sufficient enough.

Price Break Down
Budget: $6000.00

SS Trxs M/T - $1144.76
KMC Jacks - $1342.76
CST 7" Lift or Pro Comp - $1900 or $1449.00

Total - $4387.52 or $3936.52 (Shipped to my house)

Installation for Tires (DiscountTires)
Lug nuts - $59.95
Labor - $80.00
State Fee - $7.00
Tax - 7.75%
Total - 165.96

Wheels, Tires, Installed (Lift installed pending) - $4553.48 or 4102.48

I was thinking of the Bilstien 5100 Shocks, but am unsure of what to do. I know everyone will say get the SAWs, but I am not doing anything extreme here.

Input is needed please and thanks!!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Bilsteins aren't bad, my first choice would go to the SAW'S front and rear but since you might not wanna spend that dime, you could do the DR's front & rears. I don't think with all the $$$ you are putting into this that you would really wanna go skimpy on the suspension. This is just my opinion, but I would vote as this:

1) SAW's Front/Rear
2) DR's or Radlfo
3) Bilsteins

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP Need some help!!

Also, another CST question here. My brother is just hounding on me saying that if I get the PC lift, its going to suck, and the CST is just so much better! He had said If I buy the CST, I don't need to buy new shocks, or end links, or UCA, or traction bars. Is this true? To my understanding, doesn't it re-use factory equipment?

Is this true? Also, if I get the CST, aren't I forced to upgrade the rear shocks?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
PC lift doesn't suck...like anything else, there's always something better and the CST is built slighty better and comes w/a couple additional components

If you were to get the CST lift at a shop somewhere, I believe they do come w/rear shocks but if purchased w/Greg, he'd recommend you go w/Bilsteins or DR rears for a minimal charge for a much better shock...........

.....and it does come w/end links and a new (although not much improvement over stock) UCA.....no traction bars though

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SDTitan1 said:
PC lift doesn't suck...like anything else, there's always something better and the CST is built slighty better and comes w/a couple additional components

If you were to get the CST lift at a shop somewhere, I believe they do come w/rear shocks but if purchased w/Greg, he'd recommend you go w/Bilsteins or DR rears for a minimal charge for a much better shock...........

.....and it does come w/end links and a new (although not much improvement over stock) UCA.....no traction bars though
What would I get more bang for my buck? I don't have enough to get a bunch of stuff, but have enough to get some. Should I just go with the CST, and upgrade shocks, and traction bars? Seems with PC, I may have to upgrade more?

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
If I had it to do over again and MONEY was not an option, I'd get a CST 7" lift, PRG Upper Control Arms, RadFlo 2.5 Coilovers on the front, Deaver Springs with Radflo Shocks in the back along with a set of PRG Traction bars. I'd also remove the sway bar.

I was/am on a budget and most of that stuff I mentioned wasn't even available when I did my truck. The ProComp kit is not a bad kit. I am 95% satisfied with it. 5% dissatisfied due to crappy powdercoating. Mechanically it has been fine. I have the Stage 1 kit, which included everything that I needed, including new endlinks for the sway bars and steel braided brake lines. Fortunately with the Stage 1 kit, it leaves the options open to upgrade to whichever brand of coilover you want to-when you can afford it. My understanding is that you CAN get more travel out of the CST or Fabtech kits though.

Keep in mind, the CST and Fabtech kits require some cutting/welding. The ProComp kit is entirely bolt on. That means, should you decide to get rid of the truck, you can return it to stock form with no problems.

Also note that my ride, while still on stock coilovers, has improved since installing the lift. It's more stable thanks to the wider tires as well.

Most bang for the buck: I'd say a ProComp Stage 1, with PRG UCA, SAW Coilovers on the front, Bilstein 5125's on the rear and whatever rear leaf setup Greg recommends, along with some Total Choas Shackles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts