Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you tired of getting shocked by static electricity every time you touch your new Titan to get in? If you are plagued by this problem here is a simple tip that some of you might not know that really works. Get a dryer sheet (Bounce, etc.) that has been through the dryer at least once. Rub it lightly all over the seats, carpet, and floor mats just like you are "dusting" them. Do the floor last so that everything else doesn't get dirty.This should take only about 5 minutes. After you do this you won't be shocked again. This works to take the static charge out of nearly everything else also. :upsidedow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
Are you tired of getting shocked by static electricity every time you touch your new Titan to get in? If you are plagued by this problem here is a simple tip that some of you might not know that really works. Get a dryer sheet (Bounce, etc.) that has been through the dryer at least once. Rub it lightly all over the seats, carpet, and floor mats just like you are "dusting" them. Do the floor last so that everything else doesn't get dirty.This should take only about 5 minutes. After you do this you won't be shocked again. This works to take the static charge out of nearly everything else also. :upsidedow
good idea does it work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
I usually get shocked getting OUT of a non-leather car and touch metal (like hold the door's handle and close the door). It doesn't happen with the Titan yet (different seat material ?).

Anyway, how long will that last? or how often you need to do this?

thx
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
amati5 said:
I usually get shocked getting OUT of a non-leather car and touch metal. It doesn't happen with the Titan yet (different seat material ?).

Anyway, how long will that last? or how often you need to do this?

thx
The amazing thing about this is it works forever. I used to get shocked by my wife's Galant every time I touched the door. It didn't matter what kind of shoes I was wearing: leather, rubber, plastic- I always got shocked. It didn't matter what kind of clothes I was wearing - cotton, polyester, nylon river shorts,- I always got shocked. It irked the heck out of me because the tips of my fingers, like most people's, is very sensitive. The same thing was happening with my new Titan also. A guy showed me this trick a couple of years ago and at first I didn't believe him. But now I, and a lots of other people know, it works! Every time I have tried to make my vechicles shock- proof it has worked on the very first try. If it for some strange reason doesn't work on the first try; repeat the process and put the dryer sheet in your pants pocket for a few times while you are driving.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top