Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2004 titan with a leveling kit in the front and the stock shocks are just to soft for me. Any suggestions? Was also wondering if anybody knows if there are fox or king shocks with a reservoir that will fit. I really like the look of them.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
don't think there are reservoired shocks that fit as stock replacements .... don't need them though to improve the front suspension .... forget the looks, high-end, direct replacements from donahoe, sway-a-way, radflo, etc are miles ahead of stock shocks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what i was also thinking. Have you heard any positives or negatives about the sway away coilover setup??

·
Registered
422 Posts
i had the spindle lift with the 2.5" spacer on my 2wd with a 2.5 deaver and 2" block in the back with bilsteins and the front was just way too soft for me, driving on the freeway going around long sweeping turns when i would hit a bump the front was way too washy compared to the rear and would kinda kick the rear out, i had the leveling kit on for about a week and then installed the dr. coilovers and wow, now even when make a right turn at a intersection the truck stays flat and doesnt dip and roll.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
BikerD said:
yea thats what i was also thinking. Have you heard any positives or negatives about the sway away coilover setup??

Grad a cold one and a snack, do a search and get your read on. There's a ton of info on this subject.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
King recently released a res front coilover $1350/pr. I sell them and can get you a bit better price though. Radflo also makes a set, about 1200/pr.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK!!!! Do they have an adjustable ride height on them? Have you installed any before? Is the suspension still very responive or is there no give with them. Also where the heck is your shop and what could you possibly do on the price for me????

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Ill answer in order. Any coilover at this level will offer adjustable ride height. Your leveling kit will go away as it will only limit wheel travel. I have installed a few coilovers on titans, just a few though. The suspension will improve in nearly every aspect. Coilover upgrade should not ride stiff, maybe firm, but not harsh. Keep in mind that any coilover set-up can be custom valved (and sprung) and the ride fine tuned. Im in Riverside CA. I can typically get the valving close just from talking to you to find out what it is you are looking for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts