Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone here has seen this....seems to have US plates ? It is not graphic by todays standards , but there are a few people around the truck that have been shot so only view if that is not going to affect you.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=68d_1191630165

Hopefully nobody from Titantalk.....

·
Registered
341 Posts
those are some serious sized holes, I would guess an weapon with some kick

·
Registered
121 Posts
This happened in Mexico. It was a drug related shooting. Prayers go out to the victims families.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Seerex said:
those are some serious sized holes, I would guess an weapon with some kick
Looks like shotgun slugs.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
the text says AK47... but well, we all know the media never knows what they are talking about... like claiming "automatic" rifles were used, when in fact they were semi automatic... trying to scare the public to pass another ban by lying to the public...

as for the bullet holes-- could be any medium size caliber, like 9mm, 7.62 (from the AK47), etc.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
7.62x39 ( AK47 round ) makes decent sized hole in sheet metal...there was an old car door at a remote range above Sacramento that we go to...our holes looked about the same as those in the video.

I was just trying to get a fix on the license plate of the vehicle...it looks to be from here in the states...not mexico ( Even though the actual shooting occured in mexico )

·
Registered
691 Posts
they went there to buy drugs...

if you indulge in that activity sometimes you get killed by that scum you deal with

if not i feel sorry for them

either way i am sorry i will stay in my neck of the woods

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I don't feel sorry one bit for them if drug related.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Energizer said:
depends on the angle they hit too.

Maybe it was buck shot...
Even the 00 buck size for a standard 12 guage is only .33 caliber with a much lower velocity per individual pellet then the AK round.....now slugs would be a different story...BIG hole there...

·
Registered
120 Posts
what the hell?!!??!!! the druggies had an Off Road Titan... and didn't even use it to make an escape?!!??!:confused:

damn! if somebody's pointing a gun at me... you bet i'm gonna be offroading... over fences, over horse sh1t, over potholes the size of a car, over migrants picking coca leaves, etc. either that... or ram my truck against the shooter.:gunz:

·
Registered
11 Posts
YEP, Shotgun or .50 cal

License Plate looks like New Jersey and formatting appears like it too. DUMB ARSES!

·
Premium Member
58,647 Posts
Drug dealing is a dangerous profession. Sometimes you eat bear, sometimes the bear eats you. The bear won this time. The amazing thing is there is always somebody waiting to take their place.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I travel to various parts of Mexico 1-2X per year and it's surprising how many Titans I see. Of course pretty much any vehicle down there turns to crap in short order because of the roads..... And of course the bullets as pictured....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Plates are from Estado de Mexico....

Titans are the highest priced 1/2 ton Pick-ups in Mexico.. Not considering the Avalanche(for 45) or Caddy EXT (for 62k)..

You get an off-road LE for 44 k..

and an off-road SE for 40K...

Almost no XE's make it to the market in Mexico.

·
Registered
740 Posts
EVO8 said:
I don't feel sorry one bit for them if drug related.

I do not feel sorry for the druggies ( if they are) however, I feel bad for the Titan. What a waste of a great truck. Why could'nt it happen to a Chevy or Ford even a Tundra?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
titans are hi class over in mexico but the f-150, armadas, and silverados are still the choice for car thieves. but wont be long before the titan make its appearance as the drug dealers choice. at least here its rare to see a titan being driven around in mexico. dont want the attention when crossing the bridge over to the states fully loaded if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Energizer said:
the text says AK47... but well, we all know the media never knows what they are talking about... like claiming "automatic" rifles were used, when in fact they were semi automatic... trying to scare the public to pass another ban by lying to the public...

as for the bullet holes-- could be any medium size caliber, like 9mm, 7.62 (from the AK47), etc.
1. No way in hell that was an AK-47. Holes are too large, and the spread isn't right. You're average idiot with an automatic rifle is going to have a serious rise to his spread. These are horitzontal.

2. I'm guessing a large caliber handgun, .45 or maybe a .50 cal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts