Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I traded in my 2015 King cab Pro 4x with 17,490 miles on it for an F250 this past weekend. I have plans to go to a heavier travel trailer soon. The 2015 did ok towing my 6000 lb trailer but didn’t feel comfortable towing anything heavier. I had to drive the Pro 4x just shy of 500 miles for the trade in and was reminded of what a great ride it had and great performance. Got my F250 home and noticed the transmission fluid leaking. It is now out of service (600 miles on the odometer) until at least Oct. 19th due to cracked transmission pan over torqued at the factory. I already miss my Titan. It is really going to be a nice half ton for someone.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
613 Posts
Holy crap, that's horrible! Is the pan plastic like someone commented in another thread

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I guess more of a composite material so they say. Whatever it is it seems pretty brittle. I’ve been told there are numerous f250s with the 7.3 found to have leaking transmissions. Numerous new owners getting new transmissions with less than 1000 miles on them. They believe mine hadn’t leaked enough to cause damage. We shall see. I knew I shouldn’t have bought a year one engine. I should have looked for the 6.2 instead.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The 2020 Titans with the 9-speed tranny also have a composite transmission oil pan. Should not be an issue really. See attached document.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Another fault with the 7.3 that is being noticed is faulty spark plug wires. This causes hesitation and can result in engine damage. Apparently, it is hard to get replacement leads because it’s such a new engine, and COVID is having an impact on production as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another fault with the 7.3 that is being noticed is faulty spark plug wires. This causes hesitation and can result in engine damage. Apparently, it is hard to get replacement leads because it’s such a new engine, and COVID is having an impact on production as well.
I had read and saw that on a YT video as well. Something to keep an eye on. The dealer did get a new pan in much sooner than expected. So I am back up and running.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts