Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm getting really fed up with the limited tire options I have on my factory rims. I have an '08 Titan SE with 18-inch rims and I currently run LT305/65R18's on them. The very few options I have are really expensive and limited.

Should I change rims for more tire options? And if so, to what size?

I don't really care if I go up or down a notch in width (although up would be preferred).

Also, what about the effect on the odometer and speedometer if I were to go to, say, 20-inch, for example?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I don't know that you'll find a whole lot bigger universe of tires in sizes you'll like in 20" rims. You won't have any additional height/width capability, and you're close to max as is. The only up size I can think of is the 325/60x18, but you'll need a level and some PWM for those, most likely.

Throw on a bit of lift and your options open up a little, but not much unless you got to a full 6", which will get you 35" tire class clearance.

You might be able to make a 295/70x18 work with a shorter lift, but you'll likely need UCAs and rear blocks.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Wheel size won't change your speedometer/odometer since the tire is the one actually changing that affect. A 35x12.5 tire will work the same on an 18 or 20 inch rim, the sidewall height of the tire just changes.

Are you wanting to change sizes or just get more variety?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know that you'll find a whole lot bigger universe of tires in sizes you'll like in 20" rims. You won't have any additional height/width capability, and you're close to max as is. The only up size I can think of is the 325/60x18, but you'll need a level and some PWM for those, most likely.

Throw on a bit of lift and your options open up a little, but not much unless you got to a full 6", which will get you 35" tire class clearance.

You might be able to make a 295/70x18 work with a shorter lift, but you'll likely need UCAs and rear blocks.
The front is leveled, which I did about three years ago.

In just taking a cursory glance through the Walmart tire section, I see some really good looking truck tires starting around $120.00 to $150.00 apiece. Then later when I go on their website and search by size, I get exactly one or two tire models and they're $300.00+ apiece. I see the same at Tire Barn, tirerack.com, and everywhere else.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you wanting to change sizes or just get more variety?
It's mainly about getting more options and not having to special order so often.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Well 305/65R18 isn't exactly a common size so you're gonna be looking for quite a bit, especially if you're trying to stay under $300 a piece.

275/70R18 (stock Pro4X size) has a ton of choices for all price points.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I'll equally suggest you do some homework on the various sizes in 20" tires in which you'd be interested. You'll likely be just as limited. It's not the rim size, it's the tire width and height you're after. It's not something most people get.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys. I may just decide to go for the stock width again, but taller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts