Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a tuner but wondering if it's really worth getting and if HP gains are noticable and if it can also help with MPG. My truck is lifted so I know it's not going to be fast. I just want some power back without going with gears. If so what tuner should I go with?

Here is my setup on my 2008
1) 6" lift with 35" tires
2) CAI
3) Flowmaster Y
4) Dynomax Bullet 3" in 3" out

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
It won't help with the MPG, but overall, it's a good performance mod, especially if you pick up a used one for under $220.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The removing of the WOT(wide open throttle) restriction is worth the money alone in my opinion. The added HP/TQ is noticable and brought a smile to my face again just like the day i bought my Titan new. I haven't been sorry for one second that i bought my Superchips. One of the best bang for your buck additions one can do to a Titan.

·
Super Moderator
161,040 Posts
Definitely a great bang for the buck mod. As sudden mentioned, no help with your mileage though. I like my BDPP, but I've run the Superchips on my truck as well. The Superchips was a little better on my truck.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i just picked up a superchips cortex the other day and i love it. it deffinitly helped in my opinion. im running the 87 tune right now and its a completely differen animal. check the buy sell thread for a good deal thats where i found mine

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you are still thinking of getting one Im selling my brand new Bully Dog GT #40410. I just got it friday come to find it doesnt work on 2004's. $300 and you pay shipping. I may consider paying shipping though. I paid $370

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, I was wondering how the throttle restriction works from the factory, and how the BDGT changes it. Do you have to tell the BDGT
To change it or is it a part of the 87,91,94 tune? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Hi, I was wondering how the throttle restriction works from the factory, and how the BDGT changes it. Do you have to tell the BDGT
To change it or is it a part of the 87,91,94 tune? Thanks for any info.
The throttle restriction on Titans limits how much the throttle will open when at Wide Open Throttle. On 2wd Titans, its limited up till about 40 MPH, on 4x4's its about 15mph. You'll notice, if you floor it from a stop, you'll feel a sudden rush of power at either 15 or 40 mph. At 40 MPH, my truck felt like a V-tech Honda motor at 40. The tuner will allow the throttle to fully open at 0 MPH, and makes a HUUUUGE difference in performance, especially on 2wd (since they have the restriction the worst from the factory). The tuner will ask you if you want to turn off the throttle restriction

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just a heads up, 4wheelonline has the cortex for $339 no tax and free overnight shipping. Also a $50 rebate, so $289 final price is great....

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Couldn't imagine not having mine. I'm currently running the Superchips FlashPaq on the the 93 tune with the timing advanced 2*. As for mileage, I can't keep my foot out of it enough to tell you whether or not it helped.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Couldn't imagine not having mine. I'm currently running the Superchips FlashPaq on the the 93 tune with the timing advanced 2*. As for mileage, I can't keep my foot out of it enough to tell you whether or not it helped.
Ditto with me. What's fuel mileage?? If anything i lost several MPG. It was a good trade in my eyes. My wife loves it when i rip her head loose from her shoulders. Ok i lied there. LOL

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
how much will a tuner help on gas mileage? My truck is stock now, but i will be getting an intake soon, and an exhaust soon enough. 13 mpg is a real shock to me coming from a car that got 30+

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
how much will a tuner help on gas mileage? My truck is stock now, but i will be getting an intake soon, and an exhaust soon enough. 13 mpg is a real shock to me coming from a car that got 30+
A tuner won't help the MPG.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
the superchips flashpack says it does.

edit. it was the hypertech econ that did it. if its a crock it would be nice to know now before i find out the hard way. that way i can focus on the one that puts out the best power gains for my need, like the OP

·
Registered
6,823 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
So that must be true then...lol.
as u can see by the number of posts i have and the date i started, im new to the the titan scene. im new to the truck scene alltogether. i came here to learn and gain knowledge, not to get ****head responces. ur the reason alot of forums fail and poeple quit looking on these sites for knowledge, because of useless posts like this. a simple explanation would have been usefull and maybe tought people about these things.

·
Registered
511 Posts
as u can see by the number of posts i have and the date i started, im new to the the titan scene. im new to the truck scene alltogether. i came here to learn and gain knowledge, not to get ****head responces. ur the reason alot of forums fail and poeple quit looking on these sites for knowledge, because of useless posts like this. a simple explanation would have been usefull and maybe tought people about these things.
I'm not new here and I think he has very helpful and insightful posts. Perhaps you can do a search of his posts before you form your opinion.

My interpretation of his post was one of humor hence the lol at the ending.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
that post wasnt insightful in any way. Maybe i read too much into it. its hard to read sarcasm.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I posted on the other page that tuners do not improve MPG based on my experiences with running the BD and Superchips. Then you refuted my post that Superchips says it will improve MPG. My response to that was correct and doesn't warrant any lengthy explanation.

Reactions: sleepertrk
1 - 20 of 25 Posts