Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting one of the last '07 SE KC 2wd models at local dealer. It has some options I like (utility bed + popular package) but also has towing and trac packages. I'm not planning on towing anything any time soon. I don't mind paying for the tow package though since the extra factory incentive for the '07 vs. '08 models will more than make up for it.

I do like the towing mirrors but the lower gearing in the tow package has me wondering if I'd be giving up any significant amount of fuel economy with the tow package vs. without it.

Anybody here know or have direct experience with this question??

Thx

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I was concerned about mileage too, thought the tow pkg on my XE was just a hitch, and not the lower gears (salesman said so). Well, it has the lower gears and it has been great! Much better acceleration, better resale, and I get 14 local, and upto 20.3 on hwy (usually about 19), which is pretty good for an EPA 14/18 rating we don't usually trust to be real. Get the BT, many regret not having it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Go for it! It's one of those things that in my opinion you can't go wrong with. It gives you features that if you ever need... (one day will) :) you will have them. You don't want to be regretting this days/weeks/months/years from now!:rockon A truck's got to be able to tow big...

Plus the mirrors let you see 2-3 lanes of the highway... equals safer lane changes!
-Eric

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
Go for it. I have BT and I love it even though the only things I tow are within the limits of the non tow Titan. Put the Armada front lip on your Titan and you'll more than make up the lost mileage. The mirrors on the BT are worth the price by themselves, and you can always see how hot your transmission is. You will have the peace of mind knowing that you can tow if you ever need to.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yeah definitely get it, I didn't think I would need it when I bought my 04 and now really wishing I had it as I am now pulling a TT with quads. Life can change and what you need from your truck can change. It doesn't hurt to have something and not use it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would agree with everyone else - get the BT package. I personally preferred the gearing on a BT equipped truck when compared to one without it. I test drove both models before I bought mine with the BT pkg.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Get it! It is worth it's weight in gold, whether your towing or not.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Get the towing package:

1. You will wish you had later.
2. It is a minor charge with the LE package
3. It is a desirable feature when selling the vehicle.

I have seen up to 17 mpg with my truck unloaded, 15.5 average. It seems that the towing package costs you about 1/2 to 1 mpg hit over the standard gearing, which isn't significant.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
TAFOYA'STITAN said:
how much would it be to get that gearing?
You probably would have to buy a new rearend from Nissan and it's around 2k. There might be some aftermarket gears around but I'm sure it aint cheap. It would be alot of hassle, proably easier to get one with it in already.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
AF-Medic said:
You probably would have to buy a new rearend from Nissan and it's around 2k. There might be some aftermarket gears around but I'm sure it aint cheap. It would be alot of hassle, proably easier to get one with it in already.
Plus you would have to get your ECU re flashed with bt data or you will loose your cruise and some other stuffs will not work correctly.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
I do not have the BT package or gears. It, for me, was fine before I lifted my truck and added the larger tires. I wish now that I did have the BT package though. I am getting much better gas mileage than those with the BT package though.

Not concerned about resale values here. Fuel mileage is important to me though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, thanks for the great input folks! What a great group of people - I'm really glad I found this place.

You all had me convinced to go for the Smoke SE KC 2wd with the tow package/utility bed this morning....

...then I went to another dealer to see what they had on the lot. Long story short, I just got home in my new Silver LE KC 2wd (no tow package). It was the only '07 2wd KC they had in a color I liked. I kept telling the salesman I didn't want all the bells/whistles of the LE but he finally came down so far on the price that I lost the willpower to resist the beautiful graphite/titanium leather interior.

I am weak, but I am very happy with my new Titan LE! :rockon

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Congradulations, I didn't really want the tow package either but I got it anyway and have come to like the big mirrors and extra kick off the line, but having a non big tow truck you should get about 2MPG better on the highway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts