Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the side impact ratings for the Titan (especially without side airbags) are marginal to poor. How much does have a 3" - 6" lift change the factors in tests like these? Has anyone ever looked into things you could do (add ons etc) that might give some added protection for side impacts? I'm assuming there isn't a whole lot you could do.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Lifting may help especially if you get nailed by a lower car, but it also in can flip you over as the car wedges under.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It depends on what and how you hit. I wonder if a king cab would do better than a crew cab? Dodge had a worse rating, and Toyota like always come out on top.

I saw this vid the other day and while a Mustang has an A rating for side impact, this didn't work out too well for the driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67R8L5vVbCE

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I would say you might need a hobby or something if you have enough time in your day to look up those stats. I'm sure lifting it would make it a little better but it also would make it flip easier.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Throwing on a set of nerf bars would probably help as well. For both side impact and flipping I would guess.....

·
Premium Member
20,934 Posts
Rock sliders would likely be a lot stronger than nerf bars. That said, I think both are overkill for trying to address a problem that is unlikely to occur.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It just means instead of hitting your ***, it'll chop your legs of instead! lol...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts