Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have several questions about the large pull-out side view mirrors that come with the Big Tow package.

On my Titan the glass part of the mirror vibrates a lot to the extent that it makes everything in the mirror "jumpy". It will do this even on smooth roads and obviously it is worse at high speed and on rough roads. It makes it hard to focus on what vehicles you see in the mirror and it is hard to judge their speed, if their turn signals are on and if they are changing lanes, etc. When I am going down the interstate the mirror "jumps" or "shakes" at every expansion joint in the road surface so you can imagine how many mirror shakes there are per minute. My questions are these:

Is this problem unique only to the Big Tow package mirrors?
Is this a problem with all large size pull out mirrors on any truck?
Do the "standard" Titan mirrors do this?
Is my Titan the only truck that has this problem?
Is this problem only in my head?

Any response will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I have not noticed any movement on mine. So far my truck has seemed very solid with none of the problems everyone seems to be talking about. Keeping my fingers crossed no matter how hard it is to drive that way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My mirror also seems to have alot of vibration. I am also having a hard time adjusting the right hand mirrors (top or bottom) to get a good view of the cars in the right lane next to me.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I haven't had any vibration with my mirrors, except when I have the RF really cranked up and it vibrates the door and outside mirrors along with it...

Welcome to the forum, Texas Titan! Enjoy it! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
After I installed an aftermarket plastic hood protector/ faring on a recent
Suburban I owned, the mirrors fluttered...removed it and all was back
to normal.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm with rrumaner and briarman. No major vibration other than what's expected for the type of road surface.

·
Registered
662 Posts
no problems with mine vibrating, but then again I leave the tow mirrors pushed all the way in, haven't tried pulling them out yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tow Mirror Vibration

Just took a 2000 mile trip and the right top mirror has a definite vibration. Almost impossible to view anything for very long. Will have to take to dealer for opinion. Anyone else notice this problem???

·
Registered
727 Posts
Under the housing may be a small hole for a screwdriver to tighten the glass. I don’t have those mirrors so I just don’t know, but this was a problem on another truck I had & a slight turn with a phillips was all it took.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Texas Titan said:
Just took a 2000 mile trip and the right top mirror has a definite vibration. Almost impossible to view anything for very long. Will have to take to dealer for opinion. Anyone else notice this problem???
I am still having this problem and I am tempted to test drive a Titan at the dealership to see if this is just a problem with my Titan. The small wide angle mirrors are rock steady. I wish the larger mirrors were also. My mirrors jump so much it is dizzying to look at. All of the other vehicles I have owned had side view mirrors that were as steady as the rear view mirror. Everyone look again to see if they have this problem. Look in the side view mirror with a vehicle behind you tomorrow morning and let me know what you see. You will notice the vibration more looking at a vehicle rather than open road. Thanks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
no vibration here on any mirrors never did extend them though.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't have the any problem with mirror shake. I haven't had them extended for a couple of weeks, but I don't recall any unusual vibration even when extended.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Jumpy Mirror

I do not have the tow package, but my driver side mirror is very jumpy, and quite annoying. It vibrates even when I am sitting at a stop light. I am going to check for that little screw to tighten it up, if its not there...the dealer is going to replace it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this problem. I bought a 2009 Titan LE crewcab with tow mirrors. Noticed they were shaking. I have a bug shield that was installed on my truck. I have seen other post suggest that bug shield diverts the wind in such a way that it makes the tow mirrors shake. Do you have a bug shield? Did you ever solve the shake problem?

I have several questions about the large pull-out side view mirrors that come with the Big Tow package.

On my Titan the glass part of the mirror vibrates a lot to the extent that it makes everything in the mirror "jumpy". It will do this even on smooth roads and obviously it is worse at high speed and on rough roads. It makes it hard to focus on what vehicles you see in the mirror and it is hard to judge their speed, if their turn signals are on and if they are changing lanes, etc. When I am going down the interstate the mirror "jumps" or "shakes" at every expansion joint in the road surface so you can imagine how many mirror shakes there are per minute. My questions are these:

Is this problem unique only to the Big Tow package mirrors?
Is this a problem with all large size pull out mirrors on any truck?
Do the "standard" Titan mirrors do this?
Is my Titan the only truck that has this problem?
Is this problem only in my head?

Any response will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
My passanger side BT mirror has this shaking problem. Its not bad so I've learned to live with it especially since my warranty is out.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,554 Posts
Dude, this thread is 5 1/2 yrs old.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
My passanger side BT mirror has this shaking problem. Its not bad so I've learned to live with it especially since my warranty is out.
Do you have a bug shield? I have heard that this problem is idiosyncratic to the Titan mirror and not necessarily the bug shield. What are your thoughts? Would you fix it under warranty if you knew the problem would return?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I do have the bug shield, but it was shaking even before I installed it. If you still have the warranty then take advantage of it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts