Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

My side box latch fell off today.. After looking at the latch I found it was installed with weatherstripping sealant. I showed this to my Nissan dealer who then ordered me a new one. He said it should have been installed with bracket with clips...Could someone take a picture of the inside part of the latch so I can see what this should look like?

:crying:

·
Registered
147 Posts
lizardking said:
Guys,

My side box latch fell off today.. After looking at the latch I found it was installed with weatherstripping sealant. I showed this to my Nissan dealer who then ordered me a new one. He said it should have been installed with bracket with clips...Could someone take a picture of the inside part of the latch so I can see what this should look like?

Lizardking,

I don't quite understand what piece fell off. The cover over the keywhole? OR are you talking about the latch on the inside of the box.

Can you take a picture to tell us what you mean. I looked at the inside of my box and I don't see anything that could fall off.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
dd564 said:
Lizardking,

I don't quite understand what piece fell off. The cover over the keywhole? OR are you talking about the latch on the inside of the box.

Can you take a picture to tell us what you mean. I looked at the inside of my box and I don't see anything that could fall off.
The plastic latch on the outside that covers and give access to key fob. The latch secures on the inside of box with what looks like clips. It's not the metal latch inside the box it's part of the plastic latch on the outside of box.

·
Registered
147 Posts
lizardking said:
The plastic latch on the outside that covers and give access to key fob. The latch secures on the inside of box with what looks like clips.
Did the surrounding piece also come off?

I'm going to go take pictures.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dd564 said:
Did the surrounding piece also come off?

I'm going to go take pictures.

yes... The whole thing came off (plastic latch) and the key fob and metal latching mechanism stayed in because it's a seperate unit.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lizardking said:
yes... The whole thing came off (plastic latch) and the key fob and metal latching mechanism stayed in because it's a seperate unit.

The outside latch is secured in the inside of the box by clips or bracket.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dd564 said:
Lizard,

Here are the photos. You can't tell anything from the inside the box view.
Whoa!!! I don't even have a cover on the inside of the box covering the latch mechanism...Can that cover be removed to see what's on the inside.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If there is a way, I don't know how. I could probably yank on it to try to pull it off, but I think I'll just leave it on for the time being. :)

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dd564 said:
If there is a way, I don't know how. I could probably yank on it to try to pull it off, but I think I'll just leave it on for the time being. :)

Thanks for the pictures... I believe I will go back to the dealership to show them what's up..

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
lizardking said:
Guys,

Mine was missing when I got it, the dealer has ordered one for me.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bestatchess said:
Mine was missing when I got it, the dealer has ordered one for me.

I ordered mine the other day-new latch,clips and inside cover.. The dealer told me it's all on backorder. Now that pissess me off....How long will this take.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts