Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well- i had my recall fixed quite a while back when my odometer read about 1500mi. now i'm at 34k and my brake pads are out- i called the dealership to get a price and the :ahem: Very Smart LADY that works the service dept. tried telling me $675 to replace all my brake pads.. wowowow.. i think i bought my old ones on my F250 Diesel for $200 and did them myself.. that is borderline retarded..

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
If you don't have any judder or deep scars, just go buy a set of ceramic pads.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
sudden urge said:
If you don't have any judder or deep scars, just go buy a set of ceramic pads.
Thats what I was thinking. There should be lots of higher quality pads available for less than $675.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The brake are have a 3 year warenty just call nissan they will tell you about it. They have fixed my brakes 2 times now.dont pay a dime!

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I think he has normal wear and needs new pads, not a warranty issue.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sudden urge said:
I think he has normal wear and needs new pads, not a warranty issue.

correct.. i just need to get new pads- the ol lady was trying to have me call nissan and get warranty info, and doesn't understand that its not a warranty issue- haha its normal wear and tear! oh well though- thanks guys, i'll check into that stillen kit

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm surprised your pads are worn down... I had the fix done @ 8K and @ my 30K service I was told I have at least 75% or more on all of them... At about 35K I started noticing some light judder and now at 45K it's getting pretty noticable... I will be taking it in soon for warranty work... I'm almost waiting long enough to fry the rotors so they have to replace them rather than just turn them.

Not that Ford is any benchmark of quality but my 99 F150 would go through a set of brakes every 25K or so. The brake debocle has almost been a positive thing for me.... free brakes whenever I need them...

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
mtofell said:
I'm surprised your pads are worn down... I had the fix done @ 8K and @ my 30K service I was told I have at least 75% or more on all of them... At about 35K I started noticing some light judder and now at 45K it's getting pretty noticable... I will be taking it in soon for warranty work... I'm almost waiting long enough to fry the rotors so they have to replace them rather than just turn them.

Not that Ford is any benchmark of quality but my 99 F150 would go through a set of brakes every 25K or so. The brake debocle has almost been a positive thing for me.... free brakes whenever I need them...
They will not replace ther rotors a second time, they will only turn them now.

Clint

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, i too was surprised to find out that my pads were worn already as well- however, i am pretty hard on them when it comes to towing my boat up and down the mountains... so i do understand at the same time.. 35k is alright for me i guess

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If it's just brake pads, just go to napa or autozone or checkers. This is pretty normal wear for front brake pads.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just hit the 70,000 mile mark on my truck and the judder is back a little. Talked to my service guy at the dealer and he looked in to it for me. He gave me a call back with great news. Since I've had the new brake fix installed they will turn my rotors for me and replace my front pads free of charge. Sounds great if you ask me. I should need new brakes or pads until I hit about 110,000 miles. Sounds like a great deal from Nissan.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS!!!! i'm so freakin mad right now... i took my tires and wheels off right now to check out my pads before i went to buy new ones... whenever nissan did my Brake Recall FIX they had apparently put a bolt into the caliper that was too long- it didn't come loose thank god, but when i put my new wheels on (2000 miles or so ago) i didn't even think to look at it.. but because these wheels have a smaller backspacing than the stockers it wore a niiiiice groove into my driver side front wheel- thats where i thought the grinding noise was coming from... ah i am so f*****g mad right now, even though its not anything structural, it still makes me sick that the techs assure a quality job- i don't know what to do.. haha i just wanna go kick that idiot service advisors *** up and down the lot!

·
Registered
679 Posts
So, the news (good?) is that your brakes are fine? Is the bolt Nissan's fault or the wheel guys? Who was the last one to work on it? If it's the wheel guys I'd think it's on them... particularly since the wheel guys deal with this stuff everyday. I'd hate to think they can just send you out of thier shop with wheels that are rubbing on brake bolts. Not trying to squash your thunder... maybe just re-direct it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, i'm hoping it wasn't the wheel guys- because the wheel guys are my shop hahaha... but if it was, my bad and i don't mean to take the blame out on nissan but at the same i'd like to think my guys are the best.. and who knows, the backspacing could've just barely been off causing it to rub with stock wheels and my guys over looked it and just threw my new shoes on... at least, i'd like to think of it that way.. hahaha- i didn't raise hell after all i just got 'er fixed up and i'm on my happy little way again.. but rest assured, i was HEATED hahah!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Im about fed up with my brakes again. I have waited as long as i can stand it to and if i wait any longer my steering wheel will fall off from the shaking! 7400 miles on it and 2nd time this has happened! First time "fixed" at 3120 miles. NISSAN better fix it this time right, thats all i can say!!

change the oil every 3750 and change the brakes too!!! seems kind of costly to me NISSAN!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts