Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some may recall I drove my Titan from Florida to Seattle last month. Well, I've been here a month, and I should have traded in my 2WD before I left FL. I needed 4WD here, especially with winter coming. Not to mention my wife refused to drive my truck so i could never take her sweet maxima lol.

So I traded my baby in for a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. Got a pretty good deal on it, 1 owner, super clean and nice package.

I miss the T so bad, but I really like this Jeep too. The kids want to go up in the mountains etc this winter and the 2WD Titan just wasn't going to work.

Feel free to bash me! I will still use this forum because I love Titans and I just think that it's a great group of guys here. I've driven 3 different Titans since 04, so it's so weird. I will say, on the positive side, that the AWD systems on the jeeps are pretty amazing, no slip. I got the Hemi in it, so it sounds pretty sweet...... ok now skewer me lol!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Looks sharp! Even though I'm not a fan of jeeps! Hope it works out for you. Easier to park & better mileage too. You'll miss the hauling ability of the truck, but can allways buy one again if you need it...

·
Registered
169 Posts
That is a nice Jeep. Speaking of losing your hauling ability just buy a dump trailer or something. You got the Hemi!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Looks good, I did drive my 2wd Titan through all kinds of blizzards and snow storms here in OH without issue, but we don't have a lot of hills. I got 4x4 now too though which is nice.

·
Registered
160 Posts
No skewering here boss. My wife drives a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited, and I must confess it is a comfortable ride. Sorry to see the T go but sounds like you made off well. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
No worries..I've said it before that a 2wd pickup is as useful as a pig in a prom dress... Welcome to the real world vs Florida. Tell me again how great that awd is when the comp schizzes out on throttle and you roll back downhill over a few boulders uncontrolled (actually, I have no idea about the new setup.. but the early 00s were worthless off road) Enjoy.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all, haha. Yes, i'm actually glad to be out of florida, great place but missed the seasons. Jeep riding nice, and I still have my maxima lol. The hemi has a nice torque feel to it, but it's a dawg. Sounds ok too.

There's no doubt, i miss my T. Trying to adjust. I've had them since 04, so just driving something else is so weird.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
No worries..I've said it before that a 2wd pickup is as useful as a pig in a prom dress... Welcome to the real world vs Florida. Tell me again how great that awd is when the comp schizzes out on throttle and you roll back downhill over a few boulders uncontrolled (actually, I have no idea about the new setup.. but the early 00s were worthless off road) Enjoy.
Our 4wd setup couldn't keep up with the jeeps Quadra -Trac if it tried. That system is more than capable to handle whatever it gets thrown at it...

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
As I said, I don't know anything about the current gen jeeps. Main reason being, that if it isn't a pickup, It won 't work for me, but make no mistake, Titans can get it done off road..it just doesn't have fancy stuff to do it for you. The biggest issue I've run into is fighting the throttle nanny in 4hi. A pickup simply by weight distribution and wheel base is not the 'ideal' off road vehicle.. But try hauling 110 gallons of diesel or 4k' of 9/16 wire rope in a Cherokee or a wrangler.

I hope he enjoys it greatly, not everyone needs a pickup, and if you don't there are much more practical and comfortable options out there.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Good luck to you. You gotta do what's best for you and family.

Reactions: jmsltitan

·
Registered
591 Posts
Three Titans??? Lucky! Well at least you got a good jeep. I've always been partial to Cherokees. You'll do fine in that :) Congrats on the move!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, I have never been a big fan of Jeep, but that is a very nice looking ride. Looks like you got the DeeeLux package! Have fun, there is some nice country up there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice! I got my wife a jeep wrangler this summer and I love it. I feel like selling the titan and getting one for myself cause she don't want to lift it or anything. I don't think I can live without a truck. Maybe I'll hold out with mine till the 2017s come out when jeep is suppose to be releasing a truck again.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
As I said, I don't know anything about the current gen jeeps. Main reason being, that if it isn't a pickup, It won 't work for me, but make no mistake, Titans can get it done off road..it just doesn't have fancy stuff to do it for you. The biggest issue I've run into is fighting the throttle nanny in 4hi. A pickup simply by weight distribution and wheel base is not the 'ideal' off road vehicle.. But try hauling 110 gallons of diesel or 4k' of 9/16 wire rope in a Cherokee or a wrangler.

I hope he enjoys it greatly, not everyone needs a pickup, and if you don't there are much more practical and comfortable options out there.
A jeep isn't made to be an oil rig "crew ride." And just about any jeep can go more places in 2wd than your truck can in 3wd. Why do these threads always end up with hauling diesel over a mountain?

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Never owned a Jeep, but that there rig is definitely a sharp looking ride...hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A jeep isn't made to be an oil rig "crew ride." And just about any jeep can go more places in 2wd than your truck can in 3wd. Why do these threads always end up with hauling diesel over a mountain?
lol.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did some off roading in the cascades, really enjoyed it yesterday. It has 10.6 inches of clearance, that's almost as much as my ATV! Fun stuff. I decided I'm staying here, this forum is way better than the Jeep one lol

Reactions: COREYMFT
1 - 20 of 21 Posts