Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
bestatchess said:
The OEMs are alot more yellow, so I would buy both.
Very true! If you can buy both of them, otherwise start with the lows and add the highs later. I have them and really like them. You don't realize how yellow the oem's are until you change just one bulb out and compare them. I posted some pics when I did, but they don't do it any justice.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
Do new headlight bulbs really make that much of a difference?

I had never really considered swapping mine, but starting to think about it.

Wonder if it would be better to just to an HID conversion instead of just swapping the bulbs.
Replacement headlights do make a difference, the SS light output is smoother and cleaner white, IMO, so it's easier on the eyes at night. If you're doing HID conversions, there are some good products out there, search around, there are some tha you will have to rewire into your OEM harnesses and there are some that are plug n play... being lifted, I just can't talk myself into some HID's as of yet because I blind others well enough with just the SS installed...

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
DRTYAZN said:
Replacement headlights do make a difference, the SS light output is smoother and cleaner white, IMO, so it's easier on the eyes at night. If you're doing HID conversions, there are some good products out there, search around, there are some tha you will have to rewire into your OEM harnesses and there are some that are plug n play... being lifted, I just can't talk myself into some HID's as of yet because I blind others well enough with just the SS installed...
I know I can find this myself, but how much is a set of the SS's? And where is the best/cheapest place to get them?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
DRTYAZN said:
.. being lifted, I just can't talk myself into some HID's as of yet because I blind others well enough with just the SS installed...
Easily fixed with a 7mm socket.

AG, as I recall they were about $40 a pair.

·
Registered
97 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
I know I can find this myself, but how much is a set of the SS's? And where is the best/cheapest place to get them?

i got mine @ pepboys for 34.99 each set. SS ultra's

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have SS Ultras for the lows and highs. They're SO much better than the stock bulbs.

AgTitan06 said:
I got mine off of eBay, and if I remember correctly they were about $25 per set.

·
Registered
302 Posts
tex said:
1 more question.
what is the bulb number for the fogs?

2004-2006 NISSAN Titan

Low beam headlamp
9006SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9006ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9006XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: Up to 20% Brighter
9006CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal
9006LL Long Life Halogen Upgrade: Lasts one and a half times longer

High beam headlamp
9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9005XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: Up to 20% Brighter
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal

Parking light
3157NALL
3157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Front turn signal
3157NALL
3157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Rear turn signal
3156LL

Tail light
3157LL

Stop light
3157LL

High mount stop light
Assembly

Fog/Driving light

License plate

Back up light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarker
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Glove box

Map light
DE3175

Dome light
DE3175

Step/Courtesy light
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

·
Registered
220 Posts
i put a HID Kit in mine that I got for about $150 and it is the best mod i've done ever!!! took about 15 min to install everything, plug & play, 8000k, waterproof everything, and it came w/ a 14 month warranty I will never drive w/o HID again!!!!! A MUST HAVE!!!

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
gucciotc said:
i put a HID Kit in mine that I got for about $150 and it is the best mod i've done ever!!! took about 15 min to install everything, plug & play, 8000k, waterproof everything, and it came w/ a 14 month warranty I will never drive w/o HID again!!!!! A MUST HAVE!!!
where'd you get that deal?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts