Nissan Titan Forum banner

Silverstar ULTRA's for $20 after rebate; PEPBOYS!

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  matthews 
#1 · (Edited)
I wanted to pass onto everyone that right now you can get SilverStar Ultra's for $20 after rebate for the first pair and assumedly (read the fine print on the Sylvania rebate) $30 for the second pair, it says limit one per household hence the difference in price. You could try submitting the second rebate to a work address, etc to see if you'd still get the second $10 rebate and get both pairs for $20, who knows? But the Pep Boys rebate is good for up to 2 pairs!

Retail price : $49.00 per pair

Minus $20.00 Pep Boys mail-in rebate: here

Minus $10.00 Sylvania rebate here

Additionally, there is a $10 coupon available from Pep Boys here but is says not in combination with rebates. I didn't see this coupon in time when I bought my lights but I'm not sure if Pep Boys would honor the $20 mail in rebate if this coupon was used at the register. If it worked you'd get the set for only $10.

#3 ·
It's off topic a bit...but I just installed HIDs and they are so cheap that you might want to think HID rather than these...

#4 ·
Pops said:
You are still using the Sylvania coupon you referenced as one of the rebates. It requires you to send in the UPC label with the rebate. Pep Boys $20 rebate doesn't require the UPC label. Sylvania rebate wants the original receipt, Pep Boys rebate only requires a photo copy, hence you can use both rebates on the same purchase!!

#5 ·
adavis99 said:
It's off topic a bit...but I just installed HIDs and they are so cheap that you might want to think HID rather than these...
Valid point but how can you pass up $40 for 2 sets of lights? Most people (myself included) can't or just plain won't spend upwards of $150 or more for a single set of HID's. I know there are many available on eBay, etc for much cheaper but I am a FIRM believer that you get exactly what you pay for. Are these halogens the same as HIDS, heck no - BUT a lot cheaper. Some day I may spring for HID's...when I can afford them. Too many other mods on the list yet.

#6 ·
johng_30 said:
Valid point but how can you pass up $40 for 2 sets of lights? Most people (myself included) can't or just plain won't spend upwards of $150 or more for a single set of HID's. I know there are many available on eBay, etc for much cheaper but I am a FIRM believer that you get exactly what you pay for. Are these halogens the same as HIDS, heck no - BUT a lot cheaper. Some day I may spring for HID's...when I can afford them. Too many other mods on the list yet.
Not to mention the addition of ballasts and changing to an unwarrantied setup. HID's are nice if you don't mind getting flashed by everyone who thinks your brights are on but for some of us, Silverstars are plenty bright enough w/o any added hassles. Nice to have HID's recommended anyway just in case though. :futwice:

#8 · (Edited)
johng_30 said:

I totally agree...like I said it's a bit off topic. But silverstars are barely brighter than regular lights.

I just grabbed the ebay kit (smart4cars) and am really impressed with the quality...especially for under a 100 bucks. I usually don't go throwing around alternate ideas but I'm really happy I got these instead of silverstars (I was contemplating which to get for a long time...)

As far as you get what you pay for...everything is made in China these days...I mean...i'm just guessing but check the back of the silverstars when you get them. The ebay guys cut out the middle man and at least your getting your cheap chinese stuff at a good price. Rather than getting chinese stuff that someone else has slapped their nice euro/american/japanese label on.

Sorry for steering this off topic. That is a great price for silverstars.

#9 ·
But have you seen the size of the Paper in store Rebate Form at Pep Boys? 4 pages chock full of questions! I hate rebates, some seem awfully intrusive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.