Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all the threads here and some buddies. I finished all but doing the bumper and the grille cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Looks good! What did you use to do it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adhesive remover, dental floss, a towel, double sided tape, sand paper, buffer pad, and flat black spray paint.

·
Registered
242 Posts
That is a great look. I think I would prefer that look on my black SL as opposed to de-badging it. How did you get the letters on so straight after stripping them off to paint them?

·
Registered
221 Posts
That is a great look. I think I would prefer that look on my black SL as opposed to de-badging it. How did you get the letters on so straight after stripping them off to paint them?
Also wondering... i think leaving them on the truck and taping all around them would be too much effort, but the look is awesome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To keep the letters straight, there was a slight color differential because of no sun under the original letters and decals. Also, the tape that was originally on there is a giant PITA. So there was a verrrry thin layer left over that I didnt take off due to laziness and figuring it would help me out in keeping it legit and lining it up. (Mostly laziness ;))

I attached the side one too. I did the front, but since everything else up front is chrome (for now) it looks a little wonky.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts