Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to say thanks again to TATOOMEE for finding the site where I purchased a new Big Tow Passenger Mirror. I received my mirror yesterday, gathered my tools to install. Simple task, removed the black plate on the inside of the door, removed the mirror to find out the cable ran into the door panel. Retreated to "titantalk.com" got the directions, removed the panel, disconnect the cable, removed old mirror replace with new and put everything back together. Did a test of the mirror, no problem, went to raise the window.....problem. Found out I ran the cable the wrong way, fixed it, back to reassemble. Door panel slipped, broke the little plastic thing-a-ma-bob that holds the cable to the door handle and also snapped the corner piece that's holds the door tray on the panel. Vented for a few minutes, said ok put it back together and fix it later. Everything's back together go to start the truck.....tick, tick, tick, tick. Now What?? I don't know if the battery is going or the alternator. Got a jump, it started rode around for twenth minutes got back turn it off, and then started it again no problem. Check the fluid in the battery, it's at the top. Has anyone had to replace their alternaters yet? I have a 2004 LE Crew Cab two wheel drive. Sorry for the long post, just needed to vent. Thanks in advance, Dee Mac

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm no mechanic, but is it possible that a wire is grounding out draining the battery?

It just seems funny you diddled with the electric system and then experienced battery troubles.

·
Registered
514 Posts
How long during the first repair did you have the door open ? Maybe the over head light just drained it. The volt gauge in the instrument cluster should read just above half way about 13-14 volts. If it doesn't check it with a volt meter or take it to an auto parts store they can check it for free usually.

·
Super Moderator
36,628 Posts
Sound like you have a bad/low battery.

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
My battery did the same thing two weeks ago after leaving the key on for a short while and has been fine ever since. I will replace my battery before the next winter for sure. Yours is probably still ok too.

Clint

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I just drained the battery. I had the radio on and the door open. I think it is fine now. Boy, I was thinking when it rains....it pours. Now to try and find a new door handle. I think the door tray will be ok. It seems to stay in place unless I pull on it. Also does anyone know where I can get the orange fastners (the clips that hold the door panel on)? Thanks in advance. Dee Mac

·
Registered
557 Posts
They sell packs of generic ones in all shapes and sizes at Autozone.

Napa, O'Reillys and others should have them as well.
Dee Mac said:
Also does anyone know where I can get the orange fastners (the clips that hold the door panel on)? Thanks in advance. Dee Mac

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Remember, weak batteries will fail due to high summer heat, not just cold winter temps. Don't get stuck in the summer sun.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dee Mac said:
I think I just drained the battery. I had the radio on and the door open. I think it is fine now. Boy, I was thinking when it rains....it pours. Now to try and find a new door handle. I think the door tray will be ok. It seems to stay in place unless I pull on it. Also does anyone know where I can get the orange fastners (the clips that hold the door panel on)? Thanks in advance. Dee Mac

how many do you need? I have a dozen I bought for a sound deadening project that I ended up not using. be glad to mail you a few. PM me if interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts