Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a fabtech 6" lift with 35's. can someone please explain exactly what the mod is and how to do it in simplified terms, and also the tools needed. i have seen the page over at CT but its a little confusing to me. thanks

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Tools:
sawzall

Step 1. plug in sawzall

Step 2. Cut here

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Thats how the part you are cutting off is installed from the factory. With a "pinch weld"

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
kartman said:
Tools:
sawzall

Step 1. plug in sawzall

Step 2. Cut here
cant get any more idiot proof than that...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yah thanks.. someone told me that if you cut off the pinch welds then the body might crack or split or something like that. true or false?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
kartman said:
Tools:
sawzall

Step 1. plug in sawzall

Step 2. Cut here
Don't forget to remove the fender liners before doing this.:D

Taleen The Titan said:
yah thanks.. someone told me that if you cut off the pinch welds then the body might crack or split or something like that. true or false?
Alot of peoples have done it, I don't recalling anybody's truck falling apart driving down the road, I guess it's false.:D

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I always forget about the liners since I dont have em.

No body issues since I did it to mine 15,000 very hard miles ago. YRMV

·
Registered
88 Posts
a small pinch weld like that being cut wont compromise the body of the truck. there is plenty of other parts that are still together, you would have to cut way more than that in order to compromise the integrity of the body of the truck

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
If you really want to be extra extra extra extra safe, you could just weld it back together after you cut it.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
are there any issues w/ rust after you cut it, do you need to put a little primer back on to seal it before you put the fender liners back on?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Excellent point! The automakers make some major efforts to prevent rust, and this mod would definitely circumvent those efforts without you at least touching it up with primer. Especially for the Titans located in the states where they use road salt in winter.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
so when i do this mod, i can just go down to an o'reilly auto parts and get some spray on primer to spray over? do you think it would be fine after that??

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
That's what I plan to do once I get some wide, negative-offset rims/tires and do the pinch weld mod, (now that you've brought this up). Probably check it every few years.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
ya i only want mine to stick out about 2-3 inches. no more than that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
etalian2005 said:
ya i only want mine to stick out about 2-3 inches. no more than that.
Sure, that's what everyone says..:boxing: ...Don't tell the wife. :gunz: :cheers: :computern

·
Registered
691 Posts
i have an '07

i installed 285x70x17
so i wouldnt have to do this... and for gas milage :)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
JDMjames said:
does anyone have this done on their 07up? Mine looks a lot different than the picture.
Have you pulled off the fenderwell liner?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts