Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah i pulled everything off and on mine if you make a diagonal cut like in the pic it goes right into the fender a good ways.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What about the liner? The writeup over on CT says heat up the liner and shove a 2x4 against it to reshape. Has anyone found an easier way? I have already cut the weld. Did it earlier today but I am at a loss on what to do with the liner. I don't really want to take it off or cut that little area of the liner off either. Has anyone else come up with a easy quick way to solve this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
647 Posts
05Offroad said:
What about the liner? The writeup over on CT says heat up the liner and shove a 2x4 against it to reshape. Has anyone found an easier way? I have already cut the weld. Did it earlier today but I am at a loss on what to do with the liner. I don't really want to take it off or cut that little area of the liner off either. Has anyone else come up with a easy quick way to solve this?

Thanks.
Good question, I was about to ask the same shlt. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well I was out there today messing with it and came up with a pseudo solution. I drilled a new hole in the bottom of the liner (in the liner not in the truck) where the last hole location is. I screwed the liner in using this new hole and the existing hole location. This worked pretty good. I am not sure if I gained as much room as you folks who cut your liner but I gained some. Do any of you who cut your liner or molded it have any pics? Can you post them please? I would like to see your clearance and how you cut it.

I am still running stock tires and wheels (prepping for my tires to come in) so I can't really tell if I did enough yet. I noticed that I had about 1.5 inches between the tire and the mud flap near the pinch weld before I cut anything. Now I am looking at about 2 1/8. Is this about what you guys are gaining?

Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
What size tires would require doing this mod. I was looking at 33x12.5 18 with the DRE coilovers up front and not sure if this would be necessary. These instructions are a lot more clear than what I have seen before.

·
Registered
30 Posts
tire size has less to do with it then the backspacing of your wheels (within reason). If you are running stock wheels, 33x12.5x18 will fit with no issue. May not even need to do this.

I plan on running 33's or maybe even 35's now that I have done this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have read that some people dont have to do this mod running 35's. Is there any truth to this or should i just make the cut. I will be running 35 inch mud grapplers on the stock wheels.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
i am running 325/65/18's and i had to do something close to the pwm.
1. removed the liner
2. 3# sledge was used to beat the fender up into the wheel well. i rubbed on the outside of the pw so i just banged it up and flat.
3. cut the entire bottom portion of the liner off.
4. heated the liner up with a heat gun at 1000 degrees till it was shiney and jammed a 2x4 between the tire and liner. let it sit for a few hours to cool (forgot about it). i dont rub at all and i have my turning radius back. will post pics tomorrow of the whole thing.
took maybe 1 hour tops.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Did anyone cut the bottom of the fender when they did the PWM?

I used a sledge to bang the PW flat and heated up the liner but.....

.....I just tried my new wheels and tires and I could not turn the steering wheel all the way in either direction. The tire is hitting the lower fender where it curves under the truck.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Subscribing

·
Registered
31 Posts
Peytons_Titan08 said:
i am running 325/65/18's and i had to do something close to the pwm.
1. removed the liner
2. 3# sledge was used to beat the fender up into the wheel well. i rubbed on the outside of the pw so i just banged it up and flat.
3. cut the entire bottom portion of the liner off.
4. heated the liner up with a heat gun at 1000 degrees till it was shiney and jammed a 2x4 between the tire and liner. let it sit for a few hours to cool (forgot about it). i dont rub at all and i have my turning radius back. will post pics tomorrow of the whole thing.
took maybe 1 hour tops.
What width/offset are your wheels?

·
Registered
68 Posts
could you run 35s with only saws 2" preload if I do PWM

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Is it just my truck or do you only have to do the PWM on the drivers side? That is the only side that rubs on my truck. It will be my weekend project along with ditching my sway bar.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Did anyone cut the bottom of the fender when they did the PWM?

I used a sledge to bang the PW flat and heated up the liner but.....

.....I just tried my new wheels and tires and I could not turn the steering wheel all the way in either direction. The tire is hitting the lower fender where it curves under the truck.
This is the only one I have here at work. This was before a brute shoved the liner in to reattach for now until I find a better way to make it look better. Most people don't stick there head in. You can see where they cut.

325/65/18 w/ 18x9 5.5 w/ 4" CST basic package.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 72 Posts