Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
And fixed! It's really tight but it clears. I'll need to test drive it and find out how tight it is! I tapped it with a hammer and then pinched it down with vice grips. It ain't pretty but it works!
Put some touch up paint on it after...

You better cut more than that before you take it out, it's still gonna hit. Like when you turn into a driveway that has a dip and one wheel goes first it will still hit. I would trim more. For the front bumper I can't say cuz I don't have the original bumper on mine

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
i agree with Izzy, u def gota cut more, i went rt to that nub that holds the foam in and actually went up about 4" more too.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
^^^ yep

Ok start about 1-1/2" from the outer corner and trim in almost to the plastic clip (not straight down but in an angle) and down to the inner pinch weld then trim up. Your gonna remove that screw on the pic so trim behind it. Hope that makes sence

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is it just my truck or do you only have to do the PWM on the drivers side? That is the only side that rubs on my truck. It will be my weekend project along with ditching my sway bar.
I have 35x12.5's on 20x9's with a 6" lift. I had no issues rubbing till I put on some 2" wheel adapters.

I did the PWM a couple days ago. I started on the drivers side and when I switched over to the passenger side I was surprised to find that I didn't have to cut anything at all! This has me worried. Maybe the frame is bent or something? Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
You guys can get cam bolts for the LCA's, if you don't already have them, and have your caster aligned, so the two sides match closer. Have it set to near the positive range's limit. They might be even now, and just tolerances in fender hanging is causing it. Probably not a frame issue unless its been in a bad wreck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry for the thread necro but this might help others:

Is the pinch weld part of the removable outer wing or the structural inner wing?

Will fitting fiberglass front wings like glassworks offering help much with clearance on bigger tires?

61 - 72 of 72 Posts