Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was just curious and wanted to know if anyone have sipped their AT tires? I read up on sipping, which states that it helps with better traction and grip the road better and help with tread wear. I heard that some people have done it to their MT's tires, but haven't seen anything on AT tires. Just wondering if it's worth it on the AT tire? And if anyone have tried the AT and what's the result?

·
Super Moderator
161,460 Posts
"Sipping"

"Siping"

Just so you'll know. :) And my Revo ATs had siping on them from the factory, as I'd think most ATs would being more of a dual purpose tire. Or at least they'd have them to some degree. MTs probably less likely to have siping since they're really more single purpose oriented, and it's not wet road traction they were trying to maximize.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Hey guys I was just curious and wanted to know if anyone have sipped their AT tires? I read up on sipping, which states that it helps with better traction and grip the road better and help with tread wear. I heard that some people have done it to their MT's tires, but haven't seen anything on AT tires. Just wondering if it's worth it on the AT tire? And if anyone have tried the AT and what's the result?
I had it done to my Terra Grappler A/Ts before this rainy season, and it has helped their wet traction a lot compared to their first rainy season. Well worth the $15/tire.

On my previous tires, Toyo M/T's, they were good in the rain even at the wear bars, (37K miles on all country roads with lot of curves). Didn't seem to help much after stopping on a hill with sheet ice though, but maybe without it my Titan would have been the one that spun out. Idk. But for ice, studs or at least a winter tire with the tread compound that stays soft is the way to go. Airing down to 12 psi also works well for slower speed snow and ice.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
siping all terrain tires would make sence. It will give you better traction in the rain and its supposed to increase the life of tires because the heat disapates better with the cuts in the tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts