Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called the dealership today to ask about getting the factory sirius unit from them they wanted $400 for the part and if I wanted it installed it would be $550. I can do the install myself but I don't want to spend $400 on the part. Any suggestions?

I have the 6 disk changer with the Sat button on my radio, it is an 05 Titan.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, that sounds much better price wise. I am hoping to avoid buying a new antenna. I already have a Sirius radio but I have the wires and I am trying to get rid of those and want something a little cleaner. My antenna comes throught the brake light so I am hoping the connectors are the same and I won't have to buy another one.

·
Registered
484 Posts
You will need to either get a new antenna or get an adapter. The OEM unit for my wifes murano had a square retainer clip around the outside which kept it in place. I tried with a standard antenna just to see and it wouldn't work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if I have to buy a new one I'll get the SIGMA. How would I hide the wire for the SIGMA?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am wanting the OEM unit. I thought that was pretty clear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an aftermarket one and I want something a little cleaner. I can pass my aftermarket one to my wife for her car. I don't use all the features that I currently have.

I don't have an issue spending money just looking for a better deal. Why spend $550 when I can spend $250 and do it myself.

I am just wanting some help with how to run the SIGMA antenna in my truck because my aftermarket one will not work on the factory unit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
there is a dealership selling the oem kits on ebay for 249.95 18 shipping, its the best deal i have seen and if you order more accessories from them at once shipping is cheaper i ordered the sirius and the foglights at same time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
paulallen said:
I called the dealership today to ask about getting the factory sirius unit from them they wanted $400 for the part and if I wanted it installed it would be $550. I can do the install myself but I don't want to spend $400 on the part. Any suggestions?

I have the 6 disk changer with the Sat button on my radio, it is an 05 Titan.
I have one I'll sell you for $100.00. Bought it from someone on the forum a while back and never installed it. Comes with antenna and adapter.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Toolman: If you still have the OEM sirius module I will by it now. paypal?

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUADS said:
Toolman: If you still have the OEM sirius module I will by it now. paypal?
:thumbsup: PM sent

·
Registered
87 Posts
UPDATE: The Sirius receiver I had has been sold. Thanks Quads. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
If you don't have the SAT button on the 6 disc system, can you still install the factory Sirius system with plug and play or is there a new face panel or something that comes with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts