Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i wonder if tech can get enough airspace for g5s ported?

SD, have you had any experiance with incrimator audio? did a quick search, didnt find much info.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'm seeing ALOT of bad ideas here and alot of people talking about stuff which they don't seem to have the slightest idea what they're recommending be done.

mixing subs is a bad idea, mixing 4 subs in one box and 2 subs in separate boxes is another bad idea. ur asking to get cancellation example there's a guy here locally who always tries to run a single soloX 18" and 4 L7 15"s in his xterra. it sounds like butt and I kill him on the mic usually with one sub (we've both attended the same soundoffs alot) sometimes with dual sub setups. he runs alot more power as well sometimes sealed boxes even, he changes it up alot. besides not having it setup right, he has MAJOR cancellation issues, where the subs being apart on different planes have phasing issues, meaning one could be pushing while one is pulling causing an opposite reaction thus lessening the bass output. I've run multiple sub setups single sub setups and mixed sub setups. trust me, it's not going to sound like u want. as for ported sounding worse but getting louder thats not a fact at all. one spl world record holder I know of won with sealed boxes. and there are ALOT of sq competitors who run ported boxes some of which I'm sure win/set WRs I'm just not too into the sq side so don't follow very close.

u can see a few of my vids if u look on roe as well as run a google search on my screen name possibly and see where it leads u lol. I've been doing stereo's and competing before the titan was around and will continue to do so after the titan is gone. or at least a while down the road from now lol. and while competing isn't everything, it's sorta like dyno'ing and racing. more of a controlled environment and alot more counts that happens there imo. here's a couple vids I made a few years ago.

8 8" subs 6.5ft^3 ported after displacments using aeroports nice multisub setup, had to drop in a few dowels to brace after this 1st test run lol was clearly funny to me tho...

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Elemental Designs/9kv2.3.wmv

pair of RE 8"s back when I had a 2001 frontier in like 04 like a year before I got my titan, did a drop in test with my other 2 eD 8"s. the eDs were better imo this was before I got my termlab so I bought a generic spl meter goldline spl162 they're like $500 iirc online...

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/REAudio/re8.13.wmv

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Elemental Designs/9kv2.2.wmv

lightning audio storm X2 15" neo quadcoil... won the titan's 1st soundoff with a pair of these in 05 2 weeks after buying the truck brand new..

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Lightning Audio/stormx2neo15.1.wmv

single soloX 10" in my old car

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Kicker/solox10.1.wmv

TC sounds 8" I repaired with a 9kv2 cone getting wall socketed and such LOL

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/TC Sounds/tc2+8.1a.wmv

I'm not a camera man, but I have a pile on myspace also...

and I never made vids really with some of my loudest setups as just as I don't end up metering all my loudest setups sometimes even tho I own a termlab, I just don't always like breaking it out.. I'm lazy alot LOL I've owned and installed more than 100 of my own personal subs. so I'll save u some trouble and say do it right the 1st time if you're not wanting to keep upgrading. if u were to lift the back seat a little u could possible run 6 10"s sealed under it alone ;)

Reactions: Bran761G

·
Registered
101 Posts
i wonder if tech can get enough airspace for g5s ported?
I'm sure he'd have enough airspace for ported G5s. They surprisingly don't use too much airspace, the biggest challenge with them is the mounting depth. You would definitely need a seat lift, but thats really not complicated.

As for Hawaiianbasshead, You have done some pretty impressive setups. Since you seem to have lots of experience with subwoofers, what would you say the best setup is then to keep the back seat usable? What would you run then?

Reactions: Bran761G

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
so I'll save u some trouble and say do it right the 1st time if you're not wanting to keep upgrading. if u were to lift the back seat a little u could possible run 6 10"s sealed under it alone ;)
lol its a little late for that, already dropped quite a bit of coin on my first set up. lol so hopefully this next one will be the winner!

iv already got a massive seat lift, iv test fit 12s forward firing, with 1/2"on top and bottom. how would you fit 6 10s under there?? lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you can fit forward firing 12s, just put in two 12 inch G5s. That would be louder than the single spg555 you said you were running before, ported or sealed. Forget the slims under the seats.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
OK! i could go on for days with this but I will not. This guy is not going for meter loud. Meter loud and street loud are two totally different things.
spl competition and everyday vehicles are not even close to being the same. I have done both SQ and SQplus judging ,competing , and training judges and done plenty of DB drags and Unlimited Spl .You can do 2 ported 10s forward firing and 2 downfiring sealed 10s under the fronts and never get any cancelation whatsoever . They are not on the same plane . The under seat subs will actually help pull the bass up front which is where it should be for SQ!!! differnt size subs is not a good idea but can be made to work as well. but its tricky. and yes I have done car audio as my only source of income since 1991 so I have a little experience in this field as well.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
ah thanks for the clarification Tech!
you have been doing car audio since before i was born lol

i have my spg for sale/trade on another forum. looking into getting 2 FI BLs or RE SXs to do forward firing

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
ah thanks for the clarification Tech!
you have been doing car audio since before i was born lol

i have my spg for sale/trade on another forum. looking into getting 2 FI BLs or RE SXs to do forward firing
Not even born... man do I feel old! haha

·
Registered
314 Posts
Why dont u just buy 2 10" Kicker L7's or 2 JL W7's or W6's and you will have plenty of sound and dont need to waste all that space with six subs....

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
lol its a little late for that, already dropped quite a bit of coin on my first set up. lol so hopefully this next one will be the winner!

that's what I meant, just try to design it well. a good start would be checking for info on a car audio based site, a good one, diyma is a nice place with LOTS of knowledge on mainly SQ.

iv already got a massive seat lift, iv test fit 12s forward firing, with 1/2"on top and bottom. how would you fit 6 10s under there?? lol

huh, u sound to have like 4 cubes under there I'd imagine. why not glass the bottom to the floor and have triangle placed cutouts, should be able to fit 6 10"s if u absolutely have ur heart set on 6 10"s. I actually have been wanting to do 2 12"s ported but may end up with 2 10"s I want to side fire the ports into the doors I can fit a 10" and single 4" aeroport on the same side of both boxes. I could also front fire 12"s or upfire them, but I'd have to figure where to put the ports. I'm sure I could fit 4 12"s sealed upfiring or front firing if I really wanted to. but I don't personally believe it's needed to attain sql. and I'm POSITIVE u won't have a louder titan than mine under the seat boxes only with the 6 low powered 10"s opposed to a pair of properly setup 10"s or 12"s ported. I have a pair of AQ HD3 motors I'm going to recone just not sure if I'm going to do 12"s or 10"s atm. seriously tho, I think u'll do better starting a little differently, but pm me if you wanna chat, even down the road if u do sealed and ported and just wanna shoot the shert :)
gave my advice best I can :) higher end subs would be a valid option and a pair of them should outdo 4-6 lower end subs in most aspects ;)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts