Nissan Titan Forum banner

Sizing Tires with Nismo Rims

36747 16
All - First post. I recently purchased an 08 Titan Pro-4x. I've been thinking of swapping out tires for some 20'' Nismo rims. Based on the specs they look like 20x9.5 with a 23mm offset. What type/size tire should I go with?

This is all fairly new to me. I'd like to keep decent on/off road capability. Any thoughts? Thanks.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
20x9.5 Nismo rims and some "on-off" road capability?
I have good a experience with Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain 305/50-20's. In my opinion, it looks rugged enough but does NOT ride harsh nor noisy unlike the pure-bred offroad tires. Additionally, I never had any "rubbing issues" - ever - even on full lock-to-lock turns.
I hope this helps. BTW, welcome to the forum!!!! :cheers:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,775 Posts
SecretTitan said:
All - First post. I recently purchased an 08 Titan Pro-4x. I've been thinking of swapping out tires for some 20'' Nismo rims. Based on the specs they look like 20x9.5 with a 23mm offset. What type/size tire should I go with?

This is all fairly new to me. I'd like to keep decent on/off road capability. Any thoughts? Thanks.
i didnt know nismo made rims for the titan...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,591 Posts
titan814 said:
i didnt know nismo made rims for the titan...
They dont their Enkei's with a nismo stickern (RT-6 i believe), and price jacked up. I assume these are the ones?.... They havaa 305/50/20 tire on em. I got some 20x9 centerlines 6x6 1/2 with 5.5 backspacing. That tire size will be closest to stock ht so speedo will be accurate.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the concept Nismo had Enkei's on it but those aren't actually the ones I was talking about. The Nissan dealers (and some on Ebay) are actually claiming a 20" Nismo rim that would fit the Titan. It actually looks quite similar to the rims intended for the 350Z. It may just be something wth a Nismo sticker sold under the Nismo name. I was interested in them because I like the clean look...but I haven't bought anything yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,181 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
They dont their Enkei's with a nismo stickern (RT-6 i believe), and price jacked up. I assume these are the ones?.... They havaa 305/50/20 tire on em. I got some 20x9 centerlines 6x6 1/2 with 5.5 backspacing. That tire size will be closest to stock ht so speedo will be accurate.
What do you mean by 6x6 1/2?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,437 Posts
SecretTitan said:
I know the concept Nismo had Enkei's on it but those aren't actually the ones I was talking about. The Nissan dealers (and some on Ebay) are actually claiming a 20" Nismo rim that would fit the Titan. It actually looks quite similar to the rims intended for the 350Z. It may just be something wth a Nismo sticker sold under the Nismo name. I was interested in them because I like the clean look...but I haven't bought anything yet.
Are you talking about these??
I still want to see how these look like mounted on our trucks.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
NorCal 4x4 said:
What do you mean by 6x6 1/2?
Not sure.....
BUT.....the 6x6 1/2, Leadsled124 may have meant the "Bolt Pattern".
Generally, these numbers added to a wheel size.
(e.g. a 20x9 with the Titan bolt pattern of 6-139.7) whereas.. the 6 means the number of studs/bolts and 139.7 is the bolt pattern/spacing in millimeters. I think he was wrong in his conversion of the Titan's bolt pattern of 6-139.7 mm which is 6-5.50 inches NOT 6x6 1/2.
Sometimes missed small details can cause some confusion.
Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,181 Posts
gr8titan said:
Not sure.....
BUT.....the 6x6 1/2, Leadsled124 may have meant the "Bolt Pattern".
Generally, these numbers added to a wheel size.
(e.g. a 20x9 with the Titan bolt pattern of 6-139.7) whereas.. the 6 means the number of studs/bolts and 139.7 is the bolt pattern/spacing in millimeters. I think he was wrong in his conversion of the Titan's bolt pattern of 6-139.7 mm which is 6-5.50 inches NOT 6x6 1/2.
Sometimes missed small details can cause some confusion.
Hope this helps.
Yep. Wanted him to clarify this so no one looked for the wrong pattern. Probably a typo. Thanks for stating the correct Titan bolt circle though. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,591 Posts
gr8titan said:
Not sure.....
BUT.....the 6x6 1/2, Leadsled124 may have meant the "Bolt Pattern".
Generally, these numbers added to a wheel size.
(e.g. a 20x9 with the Titan bolt pattern of 6-139.7) whereas.. the 6 means the number of studs/bolts and 139.7 is the bolt pattern/spacing in millimeters. I think he was wrong in his conversion of the Titan's bolt pattern of 6-139.7 mm which is 6-5.50 inches NOT 6x6 1/2.
Sometimes missed small details can cause some confusion.
Hope this helps.
Yes thats what i meant, i thought it was 6 on 6 1/2 but i guess i was off a bit. Always double check before you buy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
^^^ i believe those pictured are enkei rt6 truck wheels....with a nismo label on them. nice wheels!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
jmo but i dont really like um. they dont look beefy enough to me.... the ones from the frontier look pretty good though shame they dont make them larger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
sleazymatt said:
jmo but i dont really like um. they dont look beefy enough to me.... the ones from the frontier look pretty good though shame they dont make them larger

Do you mean the Nismo accessory 18" wheels or the wheels that come in the Frontier with the Nismo pkg (those were 17")?


The Nismo 18" Frontier wheel is the same design as the Nismo Titan wheel, only 20" dia.
 

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top