Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All - First post. I recently purchased an 08 Titan Pro-4x. I've been thinking of swapping out tires for some 20'' Nismo rims. Based on the specs they look like 20x9.5 with a 23mm offset. What type/size tire should I go with?

This is all fairly new to me. I'd like to keep decent on/off road capability. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
20x9.5 Nismo rims and some "on-off" road capability?
I have good a experience with Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain 305/50-20's. In my opinion, it looks rugged enough but does NOT ride harsh nor noisy unlike the pure-bred offroad tires. Additionally, I never had any "rubbing issues" - ever - even on full lock-to-lock turns.
I hope this helps. BTW, welcome to the forum!!!! :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
SecretTitan said:
All - First post. I recently purchased an 08 Titan Pro-4x. I've been thinking of swapping out tires for some 20'' Nismo rims. Based on the specs they look like 20x9.5 with a 23mm offset. What type/size tire should I go with?

This is all fairly new to me. I'd like to keep decent on/off road capability. Any thoughts? Thanks.
i didnt know nismo made rims for the titan...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
titan814 said:
i didnt know nismo made rims for the titan...
They dont their Enkei's with a nismo stickern (RT-6 i believe), and price jacked up. I assume these are the ones?.... They havaa 305/50/20 tire on em. I got some 20x9 centerlines 6x6 1/2 with 5.5 backspacing. That tire size will be closest to stock ht so speedo will be accurate.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the concept Nismo had Enkei's on it but those aren't actually the ones I was talking about. The Nissan dealers (and some on Ebay) are actually claiming a 20" Nismo rim that would fit the Titan. It actually looks quite similar to the rims intended for the 350Z. It may just be something wth a Nismo sticker sold under the Nismo name. I was interested in them because I like the clean look...but I haven't bought anything yet.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
They dont their Enkei's with a nismo stickern (RT-6 i believe), and price jacked up. I assume these are the ones?.... They havaa 305/50/20 tire on em. I got some 20x9 centerlines 6x6 1/2 with 5.5 backspacing. That tire size will be closest to stock ht so speedo will be accurate.
What do you mean by 6x6 1/2?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
SecretTitan said:
I know the concept Nismo had Enkei's on it but those aren't actually the ones I was talking about. The Nissan dealers (and some on Ebay) are actually claiming a 20" Nismo rim that would fit the Titan. It actually looks quite similar to the rims intended for the 350Z. It may just be something wth a Nismo sticker sold under the Nismo name. I was interested in them because I like the clean look...but I haven't bought anything yet.
Are you talking about these??
I still want to see how these look like mounted on our trucks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
NorCal 4x4 said:
What do you mean by 6x6 1/2?
Not sure.....
BUT.....the 6x6 1/2, Leadsled124 may have meant the "Bolt Pattern".
Generally, these numbers added to a wheel size.
(e.g. a 20x9 with the Titan bolt pattern of 6-139.7) whereas.. the 6 means the number of studs/bolts and 139.7 is the bolt pattern/spacing in millimeters. I think he was wrong in his conversion of the Titan's bolt pattern of 6-139.7 mm which is 6-5.50 inches NOT 6x6 1/2.
Sometimes missed small details can cause some confusion.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
gr8titan said:
Not sure.....
(e.g. a 20x9 with the Titan bolt pattern of 6-139.7) whereas.. the 6 means the number of studs/bolts and 139.7 is the bolt pattern/spacing in millimeters. I think he was wrong in his conversion of the Titan's bolt pattern of 6-139.7 mm which is 6-5.50 inches NOT 6x6 1/2.
Hope this helps.
Yep. Wanted him to clarify this so no one looked for the wrong pattern. Probably a typo. Thanks for stating the correct Titan bolt circle though. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
gr8titan said:
Not sure.....
Hope this helps.
Yes thats what i meant, i thought it was 6 on 6 1/2 but i guess i was off a bit. Always double check before you buy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nissan does make a Nismo rim for the Titan. (Pic doesn't have center cap) - saw it at a club meet in Ann Arbor. I believe reccomended tire size is 285 55 20, but I think I heard a 305 50 20 fits....

also check clubtitan.com forums/showthread.php?t=31824

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
^^^ i believe those pictured are enkei rt6 truck wheels....with a nismo label on them. nice wheels!

·
Registered
29 Posts
jmo but i dont really like um. they dont look beefy enough to me.... the ones from the frontier look pretty good though shame they dont make them larger

·
Registered
40 Posts
sleazymatt said:
jmo but i dont really like um. they dont look beefy enough to me.... the ones from the frontier look pretty good though shame they dont make them larger

Do you mean the Nismo accessory 18" wheels or the wheels that come in the Frontier with the Nismo pkg (those were 17")?

The Nismo 18" Frontier wheel is the same design as the Nismo Titan wheel, only 20" dia.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's a pic of my 06 with the Nismo 20" wheels, sorry no center caps.

The tires are 285/55R20 BFG AT's
I think that looks pretty nice!

Did those Nismo rims with BFG tires fit without any kind of lift?

Looks sharp.

How do they ride?

thx.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts