Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the interior color of your truck match the original color scheme that was in the brochure? Is it the very dark charcoal with light gray door handles and dark dash etc...? Please let me know. Many thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just posted a reply to your earlier inquiry. Yes, the dash and door panels along with the door pulls are dark charcoal. The A-pillars, kick panels, door sills, overhead console and headliner are all light grey. Matches the brochures I have. Will post some shots for you tomorrow. I took delivery on 12/24/03, have not checked production date of the truck but it was an early one.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Skip Hess said:
Just posted a reply to your earlier inquiry. Yes, the dash and door panels along with the door pulls are dark charcoal. The A-pillars, kick panels, door sills, overhead console and headliner are all light grey. Matches the brochures I have. Will post some shots for you tomorrow. I took delivery on 12/24/03, have not checked production date of the truck but it was an early one.
now im pissed... all along i was under the impression the graphite/titanium was very dark, now i find out it's not, very dissapointed in nissan for this.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Skip Hess said:
THANKS! The truck I test drove in Dec.2-03. Looked exactly like the one pic. in the Nissan brochure, Red brawn with all the doors wide open, middle of the brochure. It had light grey door handles and window switches ect...I ordered my on Dec.5th, looks like yours has dark door handles though. THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
TITAN21 said:
now im pissed... all along i was under the impression the graphite/titanium was very dark, now i find out it's not, very dissapointed in nissan for this.
I am with you on this one TITAN21, put your self in my shoes! My truck IS NOT COMMING THE WAY I THOUGHT I ORDERED IT!!!! IT ONLY MSRP AT 42K WHAT A JOKE! I HAVE ORDERED MANY TRUCKS OVER THE YEARS FROM DIFFERANT MAKERS AND THIS KIND OF THING HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE!!!!!! TO SAY I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED IS AN UNDERSTATMENT!!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
No problem, just so all you guys are clear; my truck has 3 different interior plastic trim colors. The main dash overlay, the door panels and door pulls are all dark charcoal (graphite), the speedo/guage housing and radio housing match the center console and they are all the titanium color (grey but still a deep grey) I have the captains chairs and gate shifter. The third color is the light grey used on the lower door pockets, A-pillars, door sills, overhead console and headliner. It sounds goofy but looks sharp, I am not keen on the light grey as every boot scuff and dirty finger leaves a mark, me and Simple Green have become real close. HA.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Skip Hess said:
No problem, just so all you guys are clear; my truck has 3 different interior plastic trim colors. The main dash overlay, the door panels and door pulls are all dark charcoal (graphite), the speedo/guage housing and radio housing match the center console and they are all the titanium color (grey but still a deep grey) I have the captains chairs and gate shifter. The third color is the light grey used on the lower door pockets, A-pillars, door sills, overhead console and headliner. It sounds goofy but looks sharp, I am not keen on the light grey as every boot scuff and dirty finger leaves a mark, me and Simple Green have become real close. HA.
HEY Skip Hess do you have the SE OR XE? I dont remember. Thanks agan!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Skip Hess said:
Here are the shots from my truck......hope it shows you what you wanted to see.
nice pics Skip Hess. unfortunately thats not the original interior...

·
Registered
80 Posts
ok, I took delivery 12/24/03, so I would say that if this is not the original, then this is what you will get. Can't say that I have seen anything else.Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think that you guys are going to give yourselves a nervous breakdown.. There are so many variables light flash, no-flash, sun, clouds that the interior can look blueish, black, gray..

The bottom line is.. If you don't like it don't accept it and get your money back.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Customer service

Thanks skip less and ttz32 for the pictures and comments. These interiors are the ones I have seen and are the only ones that are now available whether I like it or not. I am still with Deepwater that there are trucks out there with the darker interior. Why they had it and why they do not now make's no difference. The issue is what we ordered!! Tbeecher you have a point of “just don't take it". Well I believe in the system of, I ordered something and I am going to pay for something but I want what I ordered. Do I dislike the interior that much that I would turn down the truck I have been waiting for, think it is the best truck on the road and a truck I really need no but that does not make it right. I am the manager of contracts and procurement for a very large company and I will tell everyone this, customers and customer service always should be first. If there was an issue with the interior all they had to do was TELL us. Don't surprise us. I could have handled that more so than seeing I am not getting what I KNOW I ordered. We are not asking for anything more than what we ordered. I would bend over backwards to make sure my customers are happy and informed and I expect that from any company I deal with. Ok now I am going to have a drink :teethmast

·
Registered
190 Posts
OK.. I took delivery on 12/19/03. I see absolutely no difference in any of the current models. I still believe that it is paranoia..

TB

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
tbeecher said:
OK.. I took delivery on 12/19/03. I see absolutely no difference in any of the current models. I still believe that it is paranoia..

TB
TB-EECHER......You can not tell the difference in the interior color? Its just paranoia!!!!!!... You have got to be kidding me right!.. or you are just blind? There is no way you saw those first trucks!!!!...To say that we are all PARANOID!!!... IS JUST WRONG!...YOU MUST OF NOT READ, my threds or post where I stated that on dec.2.. that at all my dealers in my area and those many trucks I sat in and test drove were all the dark black interior with the light grey on the doors handles and window switches, with the matching dark dash!... THEY ALL LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE IN THE BROCHURE!!!..The red brawn with the all doors open! When you say that I am in PARANOIA I take that you are saying, that I"m just MAKING THIS ALL UP!!! YOU CANT BE SERIOUS!!!!..NOW if you would go to a dealer to see the trucks that they have curently on their lots you would see that they look nothing like the one in the brochure!!.. they used to but now they dont!!!! I am laying down a lot of money for this truck!!! IF you think I dont remember what It looked like when I ordered it,... WELL NOW THIS REALY SHOWS ME YOUR INTELIGENCE!!!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Okay, I've been reading about this color fiasco here for a while. My truck looks exactly like the one on eBay and Skiphess's, except for the fact I have a front bench and column shifter.

Someone here SURELY has a brochure and scanner. Please scan a picture of the interior. I have no idea what everyone's upset about and if not for more than sympathy sake, I'd like to see what you EXPECTED the interior to look like...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
There have been changes from brouchre to production, but there have been no changes in production interior.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Dude relax. I might have more facts than you. Late Pre-production trucks were delivered to dealers and that might have been what you saw. The truck could have been sold or returned to Nissan. My sources say there has been no changes in Production trucks.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Derwud said:
Dude relax. I might have more facts than you. Late Pre-production trucks were delivered to dealers and that might have been what you saw. The truck could have been sold or returned to Nissan. My sources say there has been no changes in Production trucks.
DERWUD... YOUR SOURCES!!.. Explain TO ME, How is it that every dealer I went to had this color scheme for the interior in all thier trucks !!!.. I saw and looked at over 20 trucks!. some dealers had many of these on thier lot! all the same color scheme Tit/graph. as the one in the brochure! All had window stickers with msrp on them and all but one truck was under 10 miles! One of trucks I drove had 47 miles on it but it had a few test drives by other people before I drove it. My truck MSRP 42k. when you go to the dealers and all the trucks look the SAME, Then you would think that yours will be built and look just like the ones you SAW AND DROVE!!!.. When you shell out this kind of money you EXPECT TO GET WHAT YOU PAYED FOR! NOT A DIFFERANT COLOR!.. SOURCES!!! THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEM SELF! There were all kinds of these trucks on many lots the first week of Dec.! and after Dec. I didnt see ANY!.. IT goes with out saying, a company that puts out a new truck or new vehicle release,SHOULD NOT HAVE CHANGES IN INTERIOR COLOR WITH IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS!!!..THIS DOSE NOTHING BUT CONFUSE PEOPLE AND ANGER SOME! I ordered my truck thinking I was getting the original color interior not somthing DIFFERANT!!!.. Every company that I have ordered from in the past, THIS KIND OF THING HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!.. ALL the trucks I have ordered in the past have come just as they first looked at the dealers!!..THEY NEVER CHANGED THE INTERIOR COLOR!!!... Sorry for the rant I am a LITTLE FRUSTRATED WITH THIS CHANGE!!!..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts