Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Deepwater...

Are you trying to turn this board into another one where one person must YELL and rant.

Hmm.. I wonder if this board has blacklists where you can ingore people who can't have a civilized conversation..

TB

·
Registered
740 Posts
Deepwater said:
WRONG AGAIN DERWUD!!!... YOUR SOURCES!!.. etc..
Have you sent an email to Nissan and asked 1. Was there a change? 2. if so, why?

The next question you ask should be to yourself - If the colour scheme looked on my order date the same is it does now, would I have ordered it?

if your answer to that question is no, then;

Your next step is to cancel your deal and go order another make.

It does no good to rant and YELL AT other people on the board who are just trying to be helpful - whether they are right or wrong.

Ranting AT NISSAN is okay.

I have to be honest and say I have never worried about the interior colour of a vehicle when I buy it. I never saw the Sand interior colour before I ordered it, and I still haven't seen it. It isn't a deal breaker for me, personally. I do understand you have the right to make it a deal breaker for you, and that is okay.

The only other thing I would say is many manufacturers of many different products (autos included) change things such as colour, specs, etc... at different times with no notice. They usually reserve the right to this. Although I don't have the Titan brochure (I ordered it twice but it never gets sent), my Honda CR-V brochure states this, as well as my '93 pathfinder brochure.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I'll go away now. I'm an idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about. I hope you all enjoy your trucks!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
tbeecher said:
Deepwater...

Are you trying to turn this board into another one where one person must YELL and rant.

Hmm.. I wonder if this board has blacklists where you can ingore people who can't have a civilized conversation..

TB
tebeecher-- Just setting the facts straight! I'm tired of people saying the trucks didn't come from the factory this way. Your coment about me and others being Paranoid is just ridiculous!...and angers me!.. I wish you were in my shoes! I loved the original color scheme...NISSAN should have never sent out alot of those trucks or at least they should have told the dealers that this color is not Available! Nobody new this in Dec.. Nissan could have posted something on their web site! The only ones that would have known are the people that saw all those first trucks at all the dealers. Those people would have no way of knowing that the color on there interior would change on their orders. If that color wasn't going to be made available at least they could have notified the dealers.!. I am no longer going to discus this it is pointless!.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Deepwater, I can understand your frustration. Interior color is no big deal to me, but I understand that to some people it is. I'm looking at all sides of this objectively.

Derwud, leaving the site due to someone not believing what you state is your right, but I'm sure that you can be a value to this site. You seem knowledgable to me...

Deepwater, if your interior color is hugely important, definitely take it up with Nissan. Convey your disapproval to them. However, doing it professionally and calmly will surely get you a lot farther...

To everyone, just RELAX... Because, remember....

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
LOL good graphic Steve.

I have been busy all morning and just came up to play catch up.

Indeed, this is not a board we want a bunch of back and forth non-productive stuff.

What would be productive is to file a claim with Nissan or do not accept the truck. The issue is not this board but between the buyer and Nissan and the Dealership.

Some peoples 'Sources' are going to be varied. Personally, I know the GM of one dealership, The SM and FM of another dealership where I bought my truck. Do I look at them as 'reliable sources' sure...for general information. For specific information, if it doesn't fit, then an e-mail to Nissan is appropriate.

Chris

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
stevnmd said:
Derwud, leaving the site due to someone not believing what you state is your right, but I'm sure that you can be a value to this site. You seem knowledgable to me...
I don't run in the Special Olymipics and I don't argue on the Internet.

·
Registered
622 Posts
tundratouc said:
None of this would have happened if you bought a Tundra, instead. Just kidding. :deathsent
i would get a tundra if i wanted a girly looking truck with a puny 4 liter engine, ;) jk

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Well I'm glad you are having fun! :computern

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well I see it has been a busy day for all of you. I won't rant and rave but I still support my position on the color change. I have CALLED Nissan four times. Here are the four answers I have received: I got an answer of" yes it has changed but we have to call you back to explain why", the person you need to speak to is on the phone, no response from one, and today the best yet Oh we cancelled that color combination. PLEASE!! Yes there was a change and those that don't care fine. I am looking a copy of Motor Trend Magazine and the interior is much darker than the baby blue that is out now. Does it matter to most people no but Deepwater and I know what we saw and what we drove. I have several websites that I have printed out and will be taking to my dealer to show him what I drove, saw and ordered. Sorry if most of you think this is non-important issue or that we are all paranoid but this is just as important to us as where to buy the gun racks!!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Okay, what part of the interior do you feel has changed? What trim level? I again will check my sources to see. Please do not reference brouchures or Magazine articles, both use pre-production trucks for the shots and were done in test colors, altough item placement was correct color may not have been. If you looked at trucks on the lot when was it? I stated before some Pre-Prodution trucks were taken to dealers for display, and yes Marony labels would have been on them, just like the cars at the auo show. As far as I know and have been told, there was no change in colors. And yes I ordered Graphite and Titanium, and I think it rocks! It's a lot better in the production trucks then it was in Pre-Production.

Yes all Nissan brocures say, "Items and Options can change without notice."

·
Registered
155 Posts
Darryl. Let's forget the magazine and other items I have. Let's talk about the ones I drove and when. I drove my first one, where I live right before Christmas. I then drove 3 in Arizona. One in Sierra Vista and 2 in Phoenix. I also looked at several others. The difference in the interior really has changed. Being a woman the first thing I did not like in the “old interior" was that the arm rest were black or the darkest gray ever made. I commented each time I drove it: man I hate this being black as it will show all the lint from your clothes and junk in the air “Some salesperson agreed as others said no problem. Second the interior was darker and richer. The seats were darker which I loved as I like dark seats. The door panels had dark inserts not the light blue /gray they have now. The entire door was darker as was the dash. I like a dark interior that is why I ordered the color package I did. We can all discuss this forever but the bottom line is what I ordered and what I see coming in at the dealers is different. Like I said last night will I turn the truck down no but I am disappointed in the interior. Hey I know I will love it but I am sick about not getting the interior I know I sat in. I appreciate the help you have offered and would be glad to hear form your sources on what did go on with the early trucks on the lots. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
123 Posts
have you checked out any armadas on the lot to see if they had the interior you were talking about? I test drove the pre-production ones nissan just loaned the dealers in mid nov. And they did have a darker interior and when they started selling them i went back and they didn't have that interior but they showed me the armada and it did.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Deepwater said:
TB-EECHER......You can not tell the difference in the interior color? Its just paranoia!!!!!!... You have got to be kidding me right!.. or you are just blind? There is no way you saw those first trucks!!!!...To say that we are all PARANOID!!!... IS JUST WRONG!...YOU MUST OF NOT READ, my threds or post where I stated that on dec.2.. that at all my dealers in my area and those many trucks I sat in and test drove were all the dark black interior with the light grey on the doors handles and window switches, with the matching dark dash!... THEY ALL LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE IN THE BROCHURE!!!..The red brawn with the all doors open! When you say that I am in PARANOIA I take that you are saying, that I"m just MAKING THIS ALL UP!!! YOU CANT BE SERIOUS!!!!..NOW if you would go to a dealer to see the trucks that they have curently on their lots you would see that they look nothing like the one in the brochure!!.. they used to but now they dont!!!! I am laying down a lot of money for this truck!!! IF you think I dont remember what It looked like when I ordered it,... WELL NOW THIS REALY SHOWS ME YOUR INTELIGENCE!!!!!!
Deepwater, i'm in now way trying to aggravate you or the others that wanted the darker interior with this post so please don't take offense. I'm just confused about what model and materials you may be looking for.

I'm not sure if you want an LE or an SE model, but i am looking at the brochure right this second and the only RED truck with the doors open is an LE with Graphite colored leather interior. It has the same interior i've seen on several other LE models with the graphite colored interior and it is very dark. There is no real color change between the seating surfaces, arm rests and door panels. This is exactly like every LE model i've driven or looked at. Same door panels, same color dash, and same dark leather. Is this what you are talking about?

I know that the SE models that only come with cloth have a definite color difference between the seating surfaces, arms, and door panels. I've been test driving them since early January and have only seen the Graphite/Titanium cloth like i have in mine (which i purchased last week).

One thing i do know is that the pre-production trucks had the darker graphite leather available on the Copper exterior colored Titan. However, now you can only get the Sand/Steel interior. Maybe the pre-production trucks were testing colors optins like others have said. Either way you won't be disappointed in your Titan once you are sitting behind the wheel and are taking it home. :cheers:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts