Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I would show my brother's newest SEMA build. He bought this car about 4 years ago, its been one of the most reliable cars you can imagine. His plan was to leave it alone until he had West Coast Custom's do the interior, they did a sh*tty job, so he had them re-due it and it was still crap so that all got torn out and it was time to cage it and build a race car out of it.
The plan is to have it done by SEMA and run it at the Optima Challenge in Pahrump.

As of right now these are the vendors helping with the project:
*Be Cool Aluminum Radiator
*Currie F9 housing, 35 spline axles(boost is in this engines future), 3.70 Platinum Trac, billet yoke, billet pinion support
*GM Performance Parts E-ROD 6.2-liter LS3 crate engine
*Total Cost Involved Pro-Touring front clip & Torque Arm rear Suspension
*Tremec 6 speed
*Wilwood 14" 6 piston front, 14" 4 piston rear

How it started:

Getting a mini tube and caged at a friends shop:

Yesterday:

Today:

I didn't take any pics of the parts, but this is what's sitting in the garage ready for mock up then off to powder coat:

The plan is to have it at the aluminum shop in 2 weeks, then off to New Mexico where Jamie at Demented Customs can do the body work and paint. Then back here for final assembly and interior.

EDIT:

I was asked Walrus(Wally) to post pics of my Brothers Wagon that is currently getting built

He bought this car about 4 years ago, its been one of the most reliable cars you can imagine. His plan was to leave it alone until he had West Coast Custom's do the interior, they did a hack job, so he had them re-due it and it was still crap so that all got torn out and it was time to cage it and build a race car out of it.
The plan is to have it done by SEMA and run it at the Optima Challenge in as well as all AutoCross events.

As of right now these are the vendors helping with the project:
*Be Cool Aluminum Radiator
*Currie F9 housing, 35 spline axles(boost is in this engines future), 3.70 Platinum Trac, billet yoke, billet pinion support
*GM Performance Parts E-ROD 6.2-liter LS3 crate engine
*Total Cost Involved Pro-Touring front clip & Torque Arm rear Suspension
*Tremec 6 speed
*Wilwood 14" 6 piston front, 14" 4 piston rear
*The GMR
*Rigid Industries
*Turbonetics single Tubro
*Dynamat
*Magnaflow
*Ricks Stainless
*Redline Gauges
*Wilwood
*KO Rims
*Toyo Tires
*Wraptivo= http://www.wraptivo.com/
*Blitzkrieg Motorsports= http://www.blitzkriegoffroad.com/
*Fesler Built

How it started:

Getting a mini tube and caged at a friends shop:

Time to come apart

Today the firewall got cleaned up, tomorrow the front clip gets mocked up.I can't wait to see how the paint comes out. If it comes out like it sounds it will be different to say the least

TCI supplied the suspension

Got some light's from Taylor at Rigid Industries

Old cage got cut out and a new cage got built

Curry Rear end

Dynamat getting laid down

·
Registered
422 Posts
That ride is *****in'! Cool and unique.

Please post pics during the build and when it's finished.

·
Premium Member
72,330 Posts
Cool grocery getter! Old wagons are awesome.

·
Premium Member
75,893 Posts
I get the feeling you and your brother don't sit still very often!

Very cool build up. Is he keeping it somewhat of a "sleeper" other than the tires and wheels?

p.s. Is that typical of WCC? I was a little surprised but not totally.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I get the feeling you and your brother don't sit still very often!

Very cool build up. Is he keeping it somewhat of a "sleeper" other than the tires and wheels?

p.s. Is that typical of WCC? I was a little surprised but not totally.
It doesn't sound like he's going to keep it a sleeper, the other day he was mentioning moving the radiator to the rear and building air ducts into the back window section.

As far as WCC goes, I/we didn't know much about them until my brother had taken this car out there. He was on the road and Ryan kept on telling him I got ya bro, after 2 months of being on tour my brother got back and his 1st stop was WCC, NOTHING had been done, he was pissed, he went back out on tour and came back 5 weeks later and the car was done, well kinda. It was late so he drove it home, the next day I head down to his place and the dash looked like it was done in a 13 year old's garage, no joke, the metal on the dash wasn't complete, the cluster was held in by 1 zip tie on the left side. He was pissed. So he told them he wasn't happy about it so Ryan promised he would fix the problem in a timely manner, well he didn't, and when he got the car back for the 2nd time it was better than the 1st, but no where near what you would expect from a shop. A friends garage maybe, but not a shop.

That's when we started talking to friends in the industry and started hearing all the horror stories about them. Now that I've looked at a bunch of there junk its apparent they have NO clue what they are doing. Just look at Stallones truck, they used drywall screws on the outside of the hood.

They build cars and trucks for rich and famous people who don't know the 1st thing about cars, the "look" is what they are going for.

TCI front kit with 14" 6 piston Wilwoods went on yesterday

Attachments

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
thats is a badazz ride

·
Registered
348 Posts
WCC didn't pimp his ride!???

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
awsome ride!!! cant wait to see it complete! Sorry to hear that wcc treats customers like that. Just goes to show that because there on tv or a highly known shop that they are good! But at least you all have a new plan in mind and going to make one bad machine out of it!!

·
Premium Member
75,893 Posts
Coming along nicely.

Sounds like your brother had a pretty terrible experience over there. Having watched the show I can see how things like this slip, but it's not acceptable to a customer.

So much for a sleeper! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
72,330 Posts
B!tchin man!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
72,330 Posts
Check out my buddy's 66. :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Fesler Tail lights

LS3 with Tremec 6 speed

Rick's Stainless Tanks : Welcome to Rickshotrods gas tanks is in

Not related to this thread, but my Dad has started a new build, its a 67 Nova. So a few weeks ago we pulled a small block out of one of his car's for the Nova. Saturday afternoon I get to put it in without scratching it up.

Starting on the driver's side exhaust

Jose Cruz from MagnaFlow starts building the downpipe and exhaust system.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
just finish watching part of the build up on the Nova on HotRod tv... Do you have any updates on it ?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just finish watching part of the build up on the Nova on HotRod tv... Do you have any updates on it ?
No not really. The magnaflow part was filmed 3-4 weeks ago and nothing really been done since, at least that I know of

·
Registered
721 Posts
I love it! I actually got a little excited when I saw that rear end all dolled up with the brakes and such. Would I be out of line if I said that is the wrong wheel choice. It's tough to say without seeing both of them or a good side shot but I'm not feeling it. Other than that the thing is perfect!

Not to ride the negative band wagon here but I've never been impressed with WCC work. On or off the show. Always on the cheesy side!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts