Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this was brought up before, but I have noticed that on the power captains chairs in my truck, the seat keeps tilting forward.

Every few miles I reach back to make it recline a bit to compensate.

Any known causes or solutions?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CaliforniaTitan said:
DD,

From what I understand, it may be due to an electrical connection in the seat bottom that is being 'compressed' and causing a contact somehow.

Chris
Is there a fix for this?

Also, I had the seat tilt all the way forward when "half-sitting" on the seat while reaching for something. Not sure if I was on the tilt, or what. I doubt if I was hitting the switch, because it would be more likely for the seat itself to raise or lower by hitting that switch rather than the back tilt.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Not sure if Nissan has a fix yet...it has to do with the connector inside the seat bottom not neccesarily the switch itself on the sides there. I was talking to the service manager at my dealer when I was having the oil change done and we were actually able to recreate the problem by pushing down on the entry edge of the seat on the other Titan they had just got. He took some notes and was sending it to Nissan.

Chris

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was showing the service manager and my salesman the same thing the other night. I went to the dealer to buy some touchup paint. As I got into the truck my weight hit the edge of the seat and the back tilted all the way foward before I could bail out. I called them both over to look at it. The service manager is still stumped. I think that Nissan will have to figure it out
and come up with a solution before the dealerships can do anything because it is an intermittent problem. my wife witnessed this happening all three times it has occured. She saw that my leg was not hitting the switched. It seems to come from seat compression against the box where the swicth connector's are housed.

Robert
Almost crushed 3 times :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've now had my truck 24 hours and I've noticed the following.

The seat will tilt forward, but it seems to not tilt after a certain point.

Secondly, I sat on the edge of the seat to reach in to grab something from the center console, and the seat tilted all the way forward as well. (Didn't pin me through!)

I'm sure it wasn't from hitting the switch either. :soap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts