Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still waiting for my Titan to arrive and was just curious about something. Is the sliding rear window in the Titan powered? I ordered an SE with the Popular pkg. with the captains chairs. Is it powered on the LE model?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
pistonpete said:
I am still waiting for my Titan to arrive and was just curious about something. Is the sliding rear window in the Titan powered? I ordered an SE with the Popular pkg. with the captains chairs. Is it powered on the LE model?

It's manual on the SE and Im pretty sure its also manual on the LE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
TITAN4LT said:
Yes, I confirm that it is also manual on the LE.
but soon it will be a full power down just like the toyota cant wait to see that!!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
got_titan said:
but soon it will be a full power down just like the toyota cant wait to see that!!! :)
When is it going to be full power down? Where do you get this information?

Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Deepwater said:
I have read that this full power down is for the 2005 model year.
Really? Where did you find info on the 2005? I've been looking and havent found anything.

Nick
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,088 Posts
got_titan said:
but soon it will be a full power down just like the toyota cant wait to see that!!! :)
Me either! At first I thought the powered sliding glass was gimmicky. Then I realized how handy it would be at night to roll the back glass down to aid in backing a trailer. The tint on the back glass makes it hard to back up and opening the back glass manually on the Titan doesn't help much because when you slide the glass over you have a double thickness of tint on one side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
atcNick said:
When is it going to be full power down? Where do you get this information?

Nick
well i heard from a friend at a dealer that there working on this from my understanding both the locker and rear power slider were on the original demos but had problems so they delayed both options until they could sort problems out. i would think middle of the yeat both options would be readily available. i think the locker will be here before then :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
got_titan said:
well i heard from a friend at a dealer that there working on this from my understanding both the locker and rear power slider were on the original demos but had problems so they delayed both options until they could sort problems out. i would think middle of the yeat both options would be readily available. i think the locker will be here before then :cheers:

Middle of this year on the 2005 models??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
atcNick said:
Middle of this year when the 2005 models come out??
not sure if they will be on 04 or 05 models but they will be available standard from my understanding on se and le
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
got_titan said:
not sure if they will be on 04 or 05 models but they will be available standard from my understanding on se and le
Sweet, I love the sliding window on the tundra. I wonder if the price of the 05 Titan will go up much. Any idea what month it will come out?

Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
TSB on manual rear sliding window question

I have an 05 model SE, manual rear sliding window that leaks around the seal of the sliding glass. Has anyone had the TSB done for the water leak on sliding glass? If anyone has seen the TSB for the problem what do you think about the fix for the leak. It seems to me that all that is being done for the leak is drains are put in to let the water out of the sliding track. There is nothing being done to fix the water from getting into the track, like replacing the seal with a better one or something. I just wanted to see what some others think of this before I take mine to the dealer for the TSB fix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
pistonpete said:
I am still waiting for my Titan to arrive and was just curious about something. Is the sliding rear window in the Titan powered? I ordered an SE with the Popular pkg. with the captains chairs. Is it powered on the LE model?

I have a 05 LE with the rear power slide down window. I think it comes standard on all 05 SE, LE models. But its only 3/4 of the window unlike toyota which the whole window rolls down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
I love the big power sliding rear window and use it all the time. Is the full roll down rear window onthe Tundra really any better? :crying: It sure would be a pain in the tail if my whole rear window got stuck in the down position. :crying:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top