Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new Titan owner. Bought a 2007 SE in May. Just clocked up 2500 miles. Noticed now when I brake, there is a slight clunk, sensation seems to be in front of truck. Almost feels like the cabin moves slightly, I am pretty sure the cabin is not moving but that is the sensation I get. Anyone else have this problem. Is is brakes? Is it tranny?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Does it happen when you're almost at a complete stop?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had the same problem in my truck in revese it happens when you are going really slow. What it was in my truck is the brake pads weren't seated right in the caliper. So I just had new brake pads put on and that took care of it. Mine was in the rear though.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
It's rear axle movememt and is normal. You will or should feel the same type of bump feeling going forward also, and that is called axle wrap. It's also normal with the Titan rear axle design. There are a few solutions to solving the problem. The best remedy is traction bars. Do a search using the words axle wrap, and you will find a host of threads with solutions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sudden urge said:
It's rear axle movememt and is normal. You will or should feel the same type of bump feeling going forward also, and that is called axle wrap. It's also normal with the Titan rear axle design. There are a few solutions to solving the problem. The best remedy is traction bars. Do a search using the words axle wrap, and you will find a host of threads with solutions.
Thank you for the reply. My mind is more at ease now.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Just for grins and giggles, check the plastic covers over your tie down rails in the bed of your truck, if you have them. I started hearing that noise when I stopped and the covers were sliding into the cab of the truck when I stopped and would slide into the tailgate when I took off quick. Who would have guessed?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Will anything go bad if I leave this the way it is. I don't need pads for a while, I had to have 2 wheel studs installed and I'm assuming the brake pads moved.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a similar problem, except its after stopping (while the truck is not moving)... no one can figure it out at the dealership

1 - 9 of 9 Posts