Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

About a week and a half ago truck was making a loud squealing noise on startup and really didn't go away for at least 15-20 minutes. I had already bought a belt and tensioner that I got a good deal on last year so I went ahead and put them in. Both are Gates brand.

After the job she started up perfect no noise whatsoever. The next day when I started it I noticed that there's a very mild squeaking noise that would increase if I gave it throttle. This is happen since the install however this noise usually will go away within 10 seconds.

I was thinking maybe the idler pulley? However I thought I would just run it by here see if anyone had any ideas. Thank you!

·
Registered
2021 Titan SV 4x4
12 Posts
Sounds like an idler pulley. Happened to me on my old QX4, replaced belt and tensioner and then the idler pulley started making noise. Get a long screw driver and if there's room, put it against the bolt head that holds the pulley on being careful not to touch the pulley or belt and put your ear to the handle. You should be able to tell if it is that particular pulley or not. Learned that from an old man down the street. Of course engine has to be running.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,308 Posts
you can actually use anything, not just a long screwdriver. i have used 1/2" pvc pipe and all thread, too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts