Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting SLIP-ABLS (dash light and braking) on curved freeway ramps at normal speed. This has happened 3 times after getting total chaos ucas and fox coilovers with 700 lb king springs installed. This never happened with the procomp spacer and oem ranchos. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Bad ABS sensor?

Any odd feel to the brake pedal when you get it braking?

·
Registered
107 Posts
check fluid level?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
How about wheel hop?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Bad ABS sensor?

Any odd feel to the brake pedal when you get it braking?
I don't know if a bad sensor would throw codes but there are no dash lights constantly on.

Braking feels normal until the slip light flashes and I can feel the brake in auto trying to compensate for non existent slipping in the curve/turn.

check fluid level?
Fluid level good.

How about wheel hop?
No wheel hop.

My thoughts are to have the Nitro level checked in the shocks to confirm they're at a good level (200 psi), maybe it's too much body roll :confused: The sway bar is still there.

I noticed a visible difference in the brake line bracket, driver vs passenger side, here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is really weird, here's another explanation.

This is first out of 3 times this has happened. While cruising on the freeway (405 south) everything's fine. I'm exiting onto the 118 west, cruising thru the exit curve at 50-60 mph and out of nowhere the SLIP light starts flashing and I hear and feel the brakes compensating like the tires are slipping, like when the ABLS kicks in.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
This is really weird, here's another explanation.

This is first out of 3 times this has happened. While cruising on the freeway (405 south) everything's fine. I'm exiting onto the 118 west, cruising thru the exit curve at 50-60 mph and out of nowhere the SLIP light starts flashing and I hear and feel the brakes compensating like the tires are slipping, like when the ABLS kicks in.
My money is on a bad ABS sensor. Sounds a lot like what happened to me and that's what it turned out to be. The mechanic was able to to see which sensor was bad when he plugged in the computer. Replaced it and the problem went away.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My money is on a bad ABS sensor. Sounds a lot like what happened to me and that's what it turned out to be. The mechanic was able to to see which sensor was bad when he plugged in the computer. Replaced it and the problem went away.
Ok, I'll have someone hook it up to a consult II. Did you go to a dealership or your local mechanic?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Nissan/Infiniti dealerships are the only ones with CII. If you lived here I would tell you to bring it by my work on a Saturday and I would hook up the CII for free. They will be able to tell you which specific sensor is bad. You should actually check to see if there are any ABS codes, it could be your brake booster.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Ok, I'll have someone hook it up to a consult II. Did you go to a dealership or your local mechanic?
The dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm getting SLIP-ABLS (dash light and braking) on curved freeway ramps at normal speed. This has happened 3 times after getting total chaos ucas and fox coilovers with 700 lb king springs installed. This never happened with the procomp spacer and oem ranchos. Any ideas?
Did you get resolution on this issue? I am having the EXACT same symptoms notably while exiting the 210 on Huntington. I thought it just lost traction on the new white stripe they painted until it happened again... twice... the sound would be described as a tarp caught in your wheel (schlap schlap schlap) and the SLIP light blinks, then two seconds later everything is fine. Freaked me out the first time. Was it a bad ABS sensor or what?

Thanks!

-R

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
If you are braking and you hit an expansion gap in the freeway that can cause the tires to lose traction and the ABS will kick in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts