Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My slip/ABS lights have been going on and off for about a year now with no noticable problems other than the ABS being overly sensitive at times. For instance, when I'll come to a stop on dry roads and the lights are off the ABS will engage. Usually after that the SLIP/ABS lights will stay on.

I checked the brake fluid and it's fine so I'm guessing it's a bad wheel sensor. Yesterday I was up in the mountains in a blizzard and come to find out four wheel drive won't engage from what I'm guessing is this abs error. Is this the case or do I have another problem? I'm taking it in this weekend but any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. bump bump

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
I had the same exact problem at one time...when it happened my rear differential failed shortly after...

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the same exact problem at one time...when it happened my rear differential failed shortly after...
That's encouraging. But honestly from what I've been reading I think it's a bad or dirty sensor.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ive a similar problem intermittently. When I start my truck and am about to come to a complete stop the brakes pulsate so hard as if the abs was kicking in but it has a rough force behind it. I have to park and turn off the truck and turn it back on.. It has been a few weeks since it has returned.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had the same thing. Did you ever pull a code on it? Mine was a bad ABS sensor. They cleared the code and it hasn't returned. The dealership told me the only way to trouble shoot was to replace each sensor and drive it to see if the code reappears. They said they couyldn't tell which one was bad and just replace it - it had to be a systematic change from front right, front left, rear right and rear left and hope it was the first. I didn't end up repairing it as I was out of warranty and potentially looking at $1500 in diagnostic fees and parts / labor. Because the code hasn't reappeared, I havent worried too much about it. You can get the parts off of ebay or amazon and from what I have read and understand, it is a fairly easy repair if you have the proper tools.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The dealer ship you went to doesn't know what they are talking about or know what they are doing. You can hook up the C2 (Consult 2) to you truck to diag. It will tell you which specific sensor is bad. How do I know? I'm a tech at Infiniti and I used the C2 at work to find out which specific sensor was bad when I had the same problems. Turned out to be the RF abs sensor. Take it to another dealership that knows how to use their tools. GL

I had the same thing. Did you ever pull a code on it? Mine was a bad ABS sensor. They cleared the code and it hasn't returned. The dealership told me the only way to trouble shoot was to replace each sensor and drive it to see if the code reappears. They said they couyldn't tell which one was bad and just replace it - it had to be a systematic change from front right, front left, rear right and rear left and hope it was the first. I didn't end up repairing it as I was out of warranty and potentially looking at $1500 in diagnostic fees and parts / labor. Because the code hasn't reappeared, I havent worried too much about it. You can get the parts off of ebay or amazon and from what I have read and understand, it is a fairly easy repair if you have the proper tools.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The dealer ship you went to doesn't know what they are talking about or know what they are doing. You can hook up the C2 (Consult 2) to you truck to diag. It will tell you which specific sensor is bad. How do I know? I'm a tech at Infiniti and I used the C2 at work to find out which specific sensor was bad when I had the same problems. Turned out to be the RF abs sensor. Take it to another dealership that knows how to use their tools. GL
Thanks for that info. I will definitely take it in and see what's going on. I never trusted the dealership; they're always trying to get out of paying for things that should be covered under warranty. I thought it sounded crazy that this was the way to diagnose a bad sensor. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts