Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought an 06 SE CC with 60k miles. it does not have the VDC button or diff lock button. its 4x4.

my problem is that sometimes when i am driving my "slip" and "brake" light will light up in the dash under normal acceleration. when it happens, i am accelerating from a dead stop and im not accelerating like a madman, i keep it under 2k rpms. both lights will come on and then i have to let completely off the gas for the "brake" light to go out, but the slip light will stay on. in order for the slip light to go out, i have to turn my truck off and when i start it back up the "slip" light is off. why is this happening and what can i do to fix it? any and all information would really be appreciated. i have read that it could be brake fluid level, so i will check into it, but what if thats not it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
It could be the brake fluid or one of the wheel speed sensors may be bad. Take it to an autoparts store that does free OBD readings d see if it pops a code.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
more then likely it is the brake fluid a little low happened to a coupkle of trucks on here including mine top it off and should be fine .

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
more then likely it is the brake fluid a little low happened to a coupkle of trucks on here including mine top it off and should be fine .
DO NOT TOP IT OFF...Low brake fluid in a non-leaking car/truck means the brake pads are worn, have them checked first.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the brake fluid was just under the minimum line so i added some to the max line. hopefully this will solve my problem and as far as brake pads, i will check them tomorrow in auto tech.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
the brake fluid was just under the minimum line so i added some to the max line. hopefully this will solve my problem and as far as brake pads, i will check them tomorrow in auto tech.
Unless you have a leak (very unlikely) your pads are worn...Were do you think that fluid went?...It's in the calipers.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
While Lou does have a very valid point, there is no reason not to top off the brake fluid level. Just remember that you did when you change the pads, as you will have to take some back out. This can be accomplished with a turkey baster right out of the top of the reservoir. Really not a big deal.

Oh, and the fluid level is your problem. Been Covered a lot around here.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
loufish said:
DO NOT TOP IT OFF...Low brake fluid in a non-leaking car/truck means the brake pads are worn, have them checked first.
i know on my truck when i first got it noticed the slip light would come on seems they dont fill it up enuff on some trucks from the factory that is what happened to mine topped it off about year and a half ago havent had problem since.

·
Registered
14 Posts
my lights were coming on also,and I found my left front caliper sticking.pads and rotor were ruined.cannot find caliper anywhere except the dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts