Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past two mornings when I turn my truck on the "SLIP" light comes on. After a bit, it turns off. Today as I was trying to pass someone, I dropped the hammer, the tach jumps to 4k, and I lose throttle. I called the dealership and they say bring it in, it is probably a traction sensor. Before I get hit with a huge bill, is anyone having/had the same problem and what was the outcome? Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
160,798 Posts
Check your fluid level before you take it in and make sure it's full. There's no "traction" sensor. There are sensors that are detecting wheel rotation, the same ones your brakes are getting signals from for ABS. Those signals are then being processed by the ECU. If one of those sensors is loose, it could cause what you're talking about.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Um, thats not normal?? I have this issue too but figure it was a normal function of the traction control. For example..... Up a snow covered hill with traction control off: As much rev and rpms as I want to give it with plenty of slip. The same hill with the traction control on: subdued revs even with the throttle punched, the sound of the traction control and abs trickery happening and less slip. Thats my gripe with it, I lose revs and power until it regains grip

·
Super Moderator
160,798 Posts
Sure it's normal if there's a traction issue, but it's far from normal to have it come on and stay on at start up.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
gah i hate it. mine doesnt even have a switch to turn this sh!t off. Would the burnout mod fix this? Like even driving thru the snow (10-14") obviously gonna have wheel slippage even in 4x and it cuts power.. my dakota i could mat it and she's scream. why the piss would someone impliment this into a pickup truck?!? its not a goddamn volvo for christ sakes if my right foot wants 305 horses, i better well get em..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sure it's normal if there's a traction issue, but it's far from normal to have it come on and stay on at start up.
Thank you for clearing that up. I just re-read it too and I misunderstood the question/problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts