Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"SLIP" Light Problem Dealers says needs to replace entire wire harness unit!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a little back ground. 2005 Nissan CC LE 4x4 8,900 miles. I was moving some furniture into our house when the SLIP light came one so I made a Appt with the dealership the next day. They looked at it cleared the code and said the could not find anything wrong with it. I had to give them the benefit of a doubt. BUT ILL BE DAMN if when I get home if the light does not come on again. I wasted no time taking it back. Well right now they have had it for a 7 days and when I called them yesterday all they could tell me was they have been on the "HOTLINE WITH NISSAN" and and there is something wrong with the wireharness that if I AM LUCKY I WILL HEAR SOMETHING ON MONDAY. Has anyone else had a problem such a problem I am thinking about calling Nissan directly and seen what the hell the problem is.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Re: "SLIP" Light Problem Dealers says needs to replace entire wire harness unit!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a similar problem. And a similar response from the dealer. It took them a couple days to figure it out and then almost a week to get the replacement part in. After having my own experiences and reading of everyone else's experiences, unfortunately, there are no 'quick' fixes these days. Just be patient and dont let it get to you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: "SLIP" Light Problem Dealers says needs to replace entire wire harness unit!!!!!!!!!!

I had that problem took a couple hours at the dealer good as new there is a TSB on grounding straps had some replaced and some cleaned everything was right as rain

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

NOW they are saying they are going to clear the codes out of the ECU! It is going to be time to start a riot and robbing and pillaging around this place dammit!!!! time to go to a different place and call the factory itself this is a load of @hit if i say so my self my ECU cleared three times!!!! It is over its crap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m having the same problem excuse the light doesn’t always stay on. The dealership said a BCM code means replacing the ABS module. Supposedly, a short in the module is intermittent. After the code was cleared, the light went out for a week, but is intermittent again. If anyone finds a true fix... send me a message.
[email protected].

·
Registered
306 Posts
it is only the slip light correct? is it a c1132 code? (you will need a higher-end code reader to get that code)

reground your ABS pressure sensors directly to the battery.

99% chance that is it, if it is, I probably saved your hundreds if not more.

·
Premium Member
68,823 Posts
Being as he hasn't been signed on in 14 years, I don't think you'll get a reply.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Being as he hasn't been signed on in 14 years, I don't think you'll get a reply.
oops I meant to quote :
I’m having the same problem excuse the light doesn’t always stay on. The dealership said a BCM code means replacing the ABS module. Supposedly, a short in the module is intermittent. After the code was cleared, the light went out for a week, but is intermittent again. If anyone finds a true fix... send me a message.
[email protected].
from 14 days ago

·
Registered
2 Posts
[email protected].
05 T - had the same problem. Dealer told me my disc and/or pads were worn. However I had just replaced the rotors and pads about 2 months before seeing the dealer.
Finally flushed the master brake cylinder and all brake lines with fresh brake fluid. Solved the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts