Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably some time last week my slip light was staying on for a long time... The only way to get it to turn off is either wait it out which could take a while longer than you would like to sit there and watch it -or- turn the car off then back on. Any ideas on what might have been going on here?
Thanks,
-Dave

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Your rear end is going out. It's only a matter of time. Bring it in.

Mine started out this way, followed by a nice humming noise coming from the differential that got louder and louder as I put on more miles. Eventually the diff lock feature wouldn't work anymore and then I got a new rear axle.

Problem was fixed, everything is now working correctly.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I feared It seems to happen on extended local stop and go trips. It hasnt happened for a while but it did yesterday. What exactly should I tell the dealer to check out?

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Hot_Titan said:
Thats what I feared It seems to happen on extended local stop and go trips. It hasnt happened for a while but it did yesterday. What exactly should I tell the dealer to check out?
Tell 'em to check and see if the DIFF lock is working correctly.

·
Registered
121 Posts
the same thing happend to me and it ended up just being low break fluid level.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I added some brake fluid and that seemed to help. But why would the brake fluid be low in the first place if I have 19,000mi.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
centex_titan said:
the same thing happend to me and it ended up just being low break fluid level.
Ditto that for me!! It was pre-Titantalk I took it in then they did the Brake fix and Three pages of TSB/Recall work!!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Slip light doesn't have anything to do with the rear end going out. Mine came on and the dealer checked for codes and they are going to replace the pressure switches on the master cylinder. They are national backorder and I am not sure when mine will be in.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Hot_Titan said:
I added some brake fluid and that seemed to help. But why would the brake fluid be low in the first place if I have 19,000mi.
As the brakes wear the puck has to come out more, this makes the fluid low in the reservoir. The front brakes don't last very long on the titans. Mine were shot at 25K miles.

·
Registered
303 Posts
What does brake fluid have to do with Slip light? Sounds more like a diff problem to me...

:bandit:

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
titan3spot said:
What does brake fluid have to do with Slip light? Sounds more like a diff problem to me...

:bandit:
The abls, or slip light has nothing to do with the internals of the diff. The slip light just controls the braking to which ever tire is slipping. The brake fluid turns it on just so that they don't have to have a seperate light on the dash to warn the driver of a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts